Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    But there are some incredible PGs in the League right now, so it might take him a few more years to reach that prominent position.
    This is worth expanding on. As a Knicks fan, I have been watching Jeremy Lin get challenged by the best the league has to offer since his big breakthrough. Every night is a ridiculous challenge. Look at the startings PGs in the NBA right now...and my very quick attempt to bucket them by ability based on how they are playing this season:

Top Dogs:
    Bulls - D. Rose; Celtics - Rondo; OKC - Westbrook; Nets - D. Williams; Clips - Chris Paul; Spurs - Tony Parker; Suns - Steve Nash

Next Wave:
    Cleveland - Kyrie; Rockets - Kyle Lowry; Dallas - Kidd; Bucks - Jennings; Denver - Lawson; Minnestoa - Rubio; 76ers - Jrue Holiday

Third Wave:
    Wizards - John Wall; Pacers - Darren Collison; Warriors - Steph Curry; Hawks - Jeff Teague; Kings - Tyreke Evans; Grizz - Mike Conley; Knicks - Lin; Magic - Jameer Nelson; Heat - Mario Chalmers

Everyone else
    LA - Derek Fisher; Raptors - Calederon; Pistons - Brandon Knight; Hornets - Jarrett Jack; Utah - Devin Harris; Portland - Felton

That is RIDICULOUS top to bottom quality, and doesn't even consider top flight back-ups like Paul George. Kyrie has his work cut out for him, for sure, but he's up to the task!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    This is worth expanding on. As a Knicks fan, I have been watching Jeremy Lin get challenged by the best the league has to offer since his big breakthrough. Every night is a ridiculous challenge. Look at the startings PGs in the NBA right now...and my very quick attempt to bucket them by ability based on how they are playing this season:

Top Dogs:
    Bulls - D. Rose; Celtics - Rondo; OKC - Westbrook; Nets - D. Williams; Clips - Chris Paul; Spurs - Tony Parker; Suns - Steve Nash

Next Wave:
    Cleveland - Kyrie; Rockets - Kyle Lowry; Dallas - Kidd; Bucks - Jennings; Denver - Lawson; Minnestoa - Rubio; 76ers - Jrue Holiday

Third Wave:
    Wizards - John Wall; Pacers - Darren Collison; Warriors - Steph Curry; Hawks - Jeff Teague; Kings - Tyreke Evans; Grizz - Mike Conley; Knicks - Lin; Magic - Jameer Nelson; Heat - Mario Chalmers

Everyone else
    LA - Derek Fisher; Raptors - Calederon; Pistons - Brandon Knight; Hornets - Jarrett Jack; Utah - Devin Harris; Portland - Felton

That is RIDICULOUS top to bottom quality, and doesn't even consider top flight back-ups like Paul George. Kyrie has his work cut out for him, for sure, but he's up to the task!
    Hmm it may be just me but I am much more strict than this on judging the pg's.

Elite:
    Bulls - D. Rose; Nets - D. Williams; Clips - Chris Paul

All Star level:
    Spurs - Tony Parker; Suns - Steve Nash; Celtics - Rondo; OKC - Westbrook

Almost All Stars:
    Cleveland - Kyrie; Rockets - Kyle Lowry; Dallas - Kidd; Bucks - Jennings; Denver - Lawson; Warriors - Steph Curry

Starters:
    76ers - Jrue Holiday; Wizards - John Wall; Pacers - Darren Collison; Minnestoa - Rubio; Hawks - Jeff Teague; Kings - Tyreke Evans; Grizz - Mike Conley; Knicks - Lin; Heat - Mario Chalmers; Pistons - Brandon Knight

Should not start yet/anymore
    LA - Derek Fisher; Raptors - Calederon; Hornets - Jarrett Jack; Utah - Devin Harris; Portland - Felton; Magic - Jameer Nelson

-If Rondo keeps up his play then he moves up
    -Kyrie is rising fast
    -Kidd and Nash are falling
    -Knight is rising but not there yet

Nice night for JJ (and Chris)--18 pts and 9 ASSISTS! If Dwight Howard leaves, he may want to take JJ with him:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametra...-107-pacers-94

Kyrie just keeps on being Mr. Fourth Quarter. He scored 16 points in the final 4:14 of the game, ending up with 21 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists. Most importantly, Cleveland pulled to within one game of the Knicks for the final playoff spot. It would be really incredible to see the Cavs sneak in. Kyrie being on national TV for all to see in a playoff series would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    Nice night for JJ (and Chris)--18 pts and 9 ASSISTS! If Dwight Howard leaves, he may want to take JJ with him:
    And an ABSURD +35 on the plus minus...and his team, won by 13...and he played 32 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Kyrie just keeps on being Mr. Fourth Quarter. He scored 16 points in the final 4:14 of the game, ending up with 21 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists. Most importantly, Cleveland pulled to within one game of the Knicks for the final playoff spot. It would be really incredible to see the Cavs sneak in. Kyrie being on national TV for all to see in a playoff series would be awesome!
    This is getting ridiculous - Kyrie is going to earn some kind of cool knickname with these kind of exploits - how about Captain Crunch as in Crunch Time.

Also, JNort, I can't quibble with your re-alignment of the PGs, nice work.

JJ and Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by House G View Post
    The Magic were +35 with JJ on the floor last night- that is about as high a number as I have ever seen! He has really improved his passing skills since becoming a pro- no one on the Magic is better at feeding Dwight in the post, and he has become great in the pick and pop game with Ryan Anderson this year, too.

JJ was +26 in 43 minutes against the Heat in an Orlando win tonight. Funniest event of the night: JJ was picked up on a switch by LeBron James. JJ crossed him up and freed himself for a wide open 15 footer. Unfortunately he missed it. Still, pretty funny to see JJ completely juke LBJ.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wow...Nolan was perfect last nite.

3-3, 2 of them three pointers. Add 2 for 2 at the line in 11 minutes of play. 10pts total plus 2 rebounds.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow...Nolan was perfect last nite.

3-3, 2 of them three pointers. Add 2 for 2 at the line in 11 minutes of play. 10pts total plus 2 rebounds.
    Keep hoping he'll get more PT - they really need shooting.

Because of the Team USA connection, I thought it would be of interest that Mike D'Antoni just quit as Head Coach of the Knicks. It should be fun when he and Carmelo are together this summer in London (if Melo makes the team...)

Kncks Still a Soap Opera

Because of the Team USA connection, I thought it would be of interest that Mike D'Antoni just quit as Head Coach of the Knicks. It should be fun when he and Carmelo are together this summer in London (if Melo makes the team...)
    Yet another story that suggests the inmates are in charge of the asylum. Wasn't D'Antoni opposed to gutting his team to get Melo in the first place?

With this madness going on, can Isiah be far behind?

sage
    'BTW congrats for scooping ESPN, which didn't have the story up'
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 03-14-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Added note

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    'BTW congrats for scooping ESPN, which didn't have the story up'
    It's interesting how Yahoo! Sports has surpassed ESPN as a news source in terms of breaking news and investigative reporting. Adrian Wojnarowski of Y! was the guy who broke the story...I heard it on NY's WFAN and checked Twitter where it was breaking.

JJ

Something I never thought I'd see...happened last night. JJ broke Lebron ankles.

"JJ Redick wicked cross-over on Lebron"

http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusa...-lebron-james/

It's interesting how Yahoo! Sports has surpassed ESPN as a news source in terms of breaking news and investigative reporting. Adrian Wojnarowski of Y! was the guy who broke the story...I heard it on NY's WFAN and checked Twitter where it was breaking.
    Funny thing, tho'-- Adrian went on ESPN Radio almost immediately. --Sage

From Chad Ford's chat...more PT for Nolan?

Taylor (Rip City)

I have class in twenty minutes so we'll have to make this quick. Is jamal crawford going anywhere and are the blazers part of any new rumors?

Chad Ford
    (1:41 PM)

Don't want you to miss class Taylor. Let's just put this way. Either the Blazers find a new home for Raymond Felton and Jamal Crawford (who have quietly orchestrated a mutiny ever since Nate McMillan chewed them out in a video session a while back) or they'll probably have to let Nate go. If I'm a Blazer fan ... I'd rather lose Felton and Crawford. They won't get a lot for either guy, but there is such a thing as addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Taylor (Rip City)

I have class in twenty minutes so we'll have to make this quick. Is jamal crawford going anywhere and are the blazers part of any new rumors?

Chad Ford
    (1:41 PM)

Don't want you to miss class Taylor. Let's just put this way. Either the Blazers find a new home for Raymond Felton and Jamal Crawford (who have quietly orchestrated a mutiny ever since Nate McMillan chewed them out in a video session a while back) or they'll probably have to let Nate go. If I'm a Blazer fan ... I'd rather lose Felton and Crawford. They won't get a lot for either guy, but there is such a thing as addition by subtraction.
    The Knicks just beat the Blazers by 42. The Blazers, as they played tonight, are the worst team I have seen all year. Their talent isn't bad, but they are in a tailspin. McMillan could lose his job if they keep playing this way. If Nolan can't get some PT with this squad, he won't have too much luck elsewhere. The few minutes I saw him tonight he looked like a rookie - missing shots and getting abused by Baron Davis. He hasn't gotten much PT so I don't think it's a good snapshot but, man, that team stinks.

The Knicks just beat the Blazers by 42. The Blazers, as they played tonight, are the worst team I have seen all year. Their talent isn't bad, but they are in a tailspin. McMillan could lose his job if they keep playing this way. If Nolan can't get some PT with this squad, he won't have too much luck elsewhere. The few minutes I saw him tonight he looked like a rookie - missing shots and getting abused by Baron Davis. He hasn't gotten much PT so I don't think it's a good snapshot but, man, that team stinks.
    Thing is, their talent is crazy good. They were the hottest team in the conference at the beginning of the year. Aldridge is a top-tier center, Gerald Wallace is one of the best all-around wings in the league, Batum is a budding star at SG, Matthews, Crawford and Felton are all proven NBA starters, and they've got guys like EWill and Nolan who wold play elsewhere riding the bench.

No reason the Pacers, Nuggets, Rockets and Sixers should have better records than the Blazers. Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wasn't D'Antoni opposed to gutting his team to get Melo in the first place?
    That's what I recall. Let's face it, Melo doesn't fit into his offensive system at all. Unfortunately that's the way it goes for a head coach in nearly any professional support - you disagree with picking up a player, and when it turns out you were right and your team doesn't win then you get fired for it.

Kyrie with another strong effort 28 points on 11-16 shooting in a losing effort.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    That's what I recall. Let's face it, Melo doesn't fit into his offensive system at all. Unfortunately that's the way it goes for a head coach in nearly any professional support - you disagree with picking up a player, and when it turns out you were right and your team doesn't win then you get fired for it.
    I thought the Dolan press conference was both hilarious and sad. "I believe in this team...I believe in the talent and the fit...blah blah blah" NO KIDDING. Dolan built the team as he saw fit. it's Dolan in charge...there is a reason he lost Walsh last year and now his head coach this year. D'Antoni knew he wouldn't be there next year...and Espn just had some of the locker room guys and and Amare was saying "some guys refused to buy into the system"...lol any questions on who that is?

on another note...bulls beat the heat last night in a close one without Derek Rose...I only caught the first two quarters but the big man passing game between Noah and boozer passing to cutting players was sharp. I was surprised at how good of a passer Boozer is even though Noah gets most of the credit for being a point forward type center. also John Lucas went off!