Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Props to Kyrie for the great game and even better game winner on the road @ Boston. Considering the shortened season and little time for training camp, his rookie campaign has been very impressive up to this point. Wish him the best

My goodness that was an insane game winning move! Kyrie can operate in a tight space better than Clark Kent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9rL...99FAAAAAAAAFAA

Kyrie Irving on his time here at Duke and what made it special to him as well as highlights of him at Duke and in the NBA

Kyrie didn't get the game winner tonight, but still played pretty well. He had 21 (3 on
    a last second-didn't matter 3) and a good overall floor game. Scored on a beautiful
    lefty drive in traffic with a couple of minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
    Kyrie didn't get the game winner tonight, but still played pretty well. He had 21 (3 on
    a last second-didn't matter 3) and a good overall floor game. Scored on a beautiful
    lefty drive in traffic with a couple of minutes to go.
    Not picking a fight, but "pretty well" ? 7/16 1/2 3pt 18 pts 6 assists 2 to Great stats/game for a rookie on a team of this caliber.

Yeah, I'd say pretty well. The night before, he was great!

Shelden started and had an extra-solid game tonight, 9pts and 11rebs (7 Oboards), in a battle of 2 terrible teams.
    But the funny thing about the game was that not only was he not the only Williams on the team, nor the only Williams starting but he wasn't the only Sh. Williams starting. Shawne Williams also started, as did a 3rd Williams, Deron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PeKt...ure=youtu.be&a

Wonder what Nolan and Kyrie did to get ready for the NBA season? This video shows them both working out with Micah Lancaster (Basketball trainer) trying to improve their handles. Boy they sure can dribble a ball (Can Andre pleaaasssseee take lessons with this guy).

Also not sure if anyone has seen it yet but Kyrie was on an ESPN commercial that I found kind of funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpp7c...B6F86F6A5DCA21
    Last edited by JNort; 02-02-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Kyrie played pretty well this month earning Eastern Conf. rookie of the month.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Shelden started and had an extra-solid game tonight, 9pts and 11rebs (7 Oboards), in a battle of 2 terrible teams.
    But the funny thing about the game was that not only was he not the only Williams on the team, nor the only Williams starting but he wasn't the only Sh. Williams starting. Shawne Williams also started, as did a 3rd Williams, Deron.
    And a 4th Williams (Jordan) got 21 points off the bench! That's gotta be some kinda record for having that many players on the roster with the same name.
    (And Jordan Williams is one of two Jordans)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

You can follow Shelden here:

http://www.sheldenwilliams.com

The last two or three years, he's finally started to be about what I had expected all along; a solid, no nonsense NBA power
    forward who rebounds well, plays good D, and is a good team player, giving you 5-10 points and boards per game. A lot of
    people wrote him off a few years ago, but now he's playing up to his potential.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    And a 4th Williams (Jordan) got 21 points off the bench! That's gotta be some kinda record for having that many players on the roster with the same name.
    (And Jordan Williams is one of two Jordans)
    Grrrr...21 minutes not points. (He had 9 of those.)

I noticed that both Duhon and Redick started last night, thought that pretty cool to have two Dukies in the starting five. They both had about 30 minutes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kyrie with another game deciding shot tonight against Dallas. Stat line 9/17 7 assists 1 to 4 reb 3 steals. Amazing.
    Last edited by doctorhook; 02-04-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Kyrie with another game winner tonight against Dallas. Stat line 9/17 7 assists 1 to 4 reb 3 steals. Amazing.
    I just saw that highlight and heard the NBATV guys raving about Kyrie and it still makes me sad that we weren't able to experience a full year of Kyrie. One of the biggest disappointments of my 22 years of Duke fandom.

It's not only the offensive stats or game-winning shots. He's started containing the opposing team on D and is cutting down his turnovers, too (3/1 A/TO ratio the past 5 games).

Quote Originally Posted by toooskies View Post
    It's not only the offensive stats or game-winning shots. He's started containing the opposing team on D and is cutting down his turnovers, too (3/1 A/TO ratio the past 5 games).
    Kyrie is making the game look as easy as he did when he stepped on the court at Duke...remarkable!

Yeah, that's what so amazing about him; he's so good he makes it look easy. Everything done with effortless efficiency.
    An incredible talent.

wow...just watched the clips....man, that is incredible....and these are nba players he's cutting through...

impressive...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Kyrie and Austin (and Barnes)

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    wow...just watched the clips....man, that is incredible....and these are nba players he's cutting through...

impressive...
    It was unfair to expect Austin Rivers to be as good a freshman as Kyrie. Austin is one of the best freshmen to play at Duke, but he didn't take over a game from his first moment on the court.

sagegrouse
    'And BTW, why exactly was it that Kyrie was supposed to play second fiddle to Harrison Barnes?'

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    sagegrouse
    'And BTW, why exactly was it that Kyrie was supposed to play second fiddle to Harrison Barnes?'
    Cause that was the script the pundits wrote. Come-on they can't be wrong or change their meme.