Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    With this madness going on, can Isiah be far behind?
    You mean, that idiot is still there?

Not all of the individual stats are very impressive (some are actually pretty disappointing) but still seeing 16 former Duke players making it in the nba box scores is pretty impressive: http://huckleberry.mhc.edu/devilStats.html

Edit: A few of the Dukies came to play though (namely Irving and Dunleavy)

Impressive

You want impressive stats?

Elton Brand $143.2
    Grant Hill $140.9
    Carlos Boozer $99.0
    Corey Maggette $78.2
    Mike Dunleavy $63.3
    Luol Deng $54.0
    Shane Battier $50.2
    Chris Duhon $27.8
    JJ Redick $22.9
    Dahntey Jones $14.7
    Shelden Williams $12.1
    Gerald Henderson $6.2
    Josh McRoberts $5.8
    Kyrie Irving $5.1
    Nolan Smith $1.3
    Lance Thomas $0.3

Total $725 Million

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post

Elton Brand $143.2
    Grant Hill $140.9
    Carlos Boozer $99.0
    Corey Maggette $78.2
    Mike Dunleavy $63.3
    Luol Deng $54.0
    Shane Battier $50.2
    Chris Duhon $27.8
    JJ Redick $22.9
    Dahntey Jones $14.7
    Shelden Williams $12.1
    Gerald Henderson $6.2
    Josh McRoberts $5.8
    Kyrie Irving $5.1
    Nolan Smith $1.3
    Lance Thomas $0.3

Total $725 Million
    10 of those guys finished up their degrees, too. Very impressive.

Ramon Sessions traded to Lakers

Cleveland sends off their backup point guard, clearly feeling that they're set at PG with Kyrie. They get back a first round pick and Luke Walton. Lakers also get little-known Christian Eyenga. Not sure what Walton's health status is, but it seems like a pretty good trade for everyone involved.

Portland acquired another guard for Nolan to compete with, Johnny Flynn. They traded Camby to the Rockets for Flynn and a 2nd rd pick. Apparently another deal is in the works that would send G.Wallace to the Nets for Okur, Shawne Williams, and a future 1st rd pick. Maybe there is 3rd deal in the works, otherwise the Blazers look a lot smaller now.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post

Elton Brand $143.2
    Grant Hill $140.9
    Carlos Boozer $99.0
    Corey Maggette $78.2
    Mike Dunleavy $63.3
    Luol Deng $54.0
    Shane Battier $50.2
    Chris Duhon $27.8
    JJ Redick $22.9
    Dahntey Jones $14.7
    Shelden Williams $12.1
    Gerald Henderson $6.2
    Josh McRoberts $5.8
    Kyrie Irving $5.1
    Nolan Smith $1.3
    Lance Thomas $0.3

Total $725 Million
    How does Duhon have a bigger contract than Redick? Nothing against Duhon but this just goes to show that contract amount doesn't necessarily = production. Of course you can also look at the top of the list to figure that out. I love Brand and Hill but they should be arrested for making that kind of money. Still, an impressive list regardless. Also, love seeing Lance's name on this list!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    How does Duhon have a bigger contract than Redick? Nothing against Duhon but this just goes to show that contract amount doesn't necessarily = production. Of course you can also look at the top of the list to figure that out. I love Brand and Hill but they should be arrested for making that kind of money. Still, an impressive list regardless. Also, love seeing Lance's name on this list!
    I think this might be total earned to-date. JJ currently has a bigger contract than Duhon.
    "Shout out to this clock right here that's telling us what time it is." - Dre

Quote Originally Posted by delfrio View Post
    I think this might be total earned to-date. JJ currently has a bigger contract than Duhon.
    Yeah, must be. Otherwise Elton Brand's $143.2 million-dollar contract would be all over the headlines.

Completely disagree with you in regards to Grant

If you look at his numbers from Detroit and what he has done for the Suns the last 4 years, Grant has been a steal. He's currently the Suns guard anybody defender; and he's shutting people done (including the top players in league that range from ones to threes). He received a nice 1-yr FA deal from the Suns this year; but he was underpaid the last 4 years based on the numbers he was putting up as well as the nice job he's been doing on the defensive end with his ability to guard multiple positions effectively.

I love Brand and Hill but they should be arrested for making that kind of money.
    You're right! The government should decide how much they should make anyway. (<<End sarcasm>>)

Oops, no more PBB!!!

Career Earnings

Those were the career earnings including this years contracts. Here is the current contracts for each player...

Brand $17.1
    Boozer $13.5
    Deng $12.3
    Maggette $10.2
    Redick $6.8
    Hill $6.5
    Irving $5.1
    Dunleavy $3.8
    Duhon $3.2
    Battier $3.0
    McBob $3.0
    Jones $2.7
    Henderson $2.2
    Smith $1.3
    Williams $0.9
    Thomas $0.3

Quote Originally Posted by DukeVol View Post
    You're right! The government should decide how much they should make anyway. (<<End sarcasm>>)

Oops, no more PBB!!!
    Haha, not exactly the government, but Hill and Boozer both got paid a relatively small sum by the USOC for their respective Olympic teams. The reported $25k for gold medals isn't huge, but the $10k given for bronze was probably too much for the 04 basketball team.

Maggette with the Clips

I must have missed the story on his trade. But he is now in LA and was leading scorer against Golden State the other night.

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I must have missed the story on his trade. But he is now in LA and was leading scorer against Golden State the other night.

sage
    I don't mean to doubt you, Mr. Sagegrouse, but... Corey Maggette is still a Bobcat and Blake Griffin was the leading scorer in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    I don't mean to doubt you, Mr. Sagegrouse, but... Corey Maggette is still a Bobcat and Blake Griffin was the leading scorer in that game.
    This darn internet has got me totally flummoxed. Corey was not in the box score last night, either as a performer or as a DNP. So, given the recent trade deadline, I searched on ESPN for Maggette links and found a reference to a a Clips-GS game -- probably from five years ago. I need to get a life.

Well, as the good Congressmen say, I would like to revise and extend my remarks: "This post is a bump."

sage

I found this Battier tweet interesting and enlightening. Amazing what can be said in 140 characters or less

Shane Battier ‏ @ShaneBattier
    Nope. Love the game. Don't love it's players. RT @Nevertrusther: @ShaneBattier you going to coach when you retire from the nba

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I just noticed that Lance started both last night and Saturday night. Both games were losses, but that's pretty sweet...going from the D-League to a starting spot on an NBA roster in one season.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule...rleans-hornets
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I just noticed that Lance started both last night and Saturday night. Both games were losses, but that's pretty sweet...going from the D-League to a starting spot on an NBA roster in one season.
    Lansanity.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My initial reaction was that it was kinda like the Demarcus Nelson situation, in that an unheralded, hardworking player gets some starts to fire up the other plahyers. Of course, Nelson was denied a roster spot and cut, eventually landing in Europe, whereas LT was recently guaranteed a roster spot and won't be downsized any time soon for capricious reasons. I really can't say that i think LT will be a long-term starter based on his production up to now, but what he has done is pretty impressive. K was right, go LT!