Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Grrr....

Yea, we blew a nice sized lead in that one but Boozer was still fouled...

(I hope my memory is correct.)
    The lead was 16 and Boozer was fouled... intentionally at that... per the guy that fouled him. Matt Christenson is still trying to chase down a certain former Braves catcher... I shall name no names...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    The lead was 16 and Boozer was fouled... intentionally at that... per the guy that fouled him. Matt Christenson is still trying to chase down a certain former Braves catcher... I shall name no names...
    Nice guy. Rub a little more gravel into the wound that hurleyfor3 already opened up. BTW, you forgot the word "incompetent" between former and Braves.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Nice guy. Rub a little more gravel into the wound that hurleyfor3 already opened up. BTW, you forgot the word "incompetent" between former and Braves.
    Blind, def, and all that!

Was just confirming your memory is stout!

I definitely got fouled on that play! (Signed Newton "formerly known as Boozer" 14)

What a great game. The only thing that could have made that ending better is a cross court pass to Zeller at the free throw line for the game winner. But Kentucky still got Laettner'd by IU.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

All I can say is WOW! Being a Lifetime Duke fan living in Indiana. I was rooting for IU, and Coach Crean. I know IU and the alumni wanted him gone for years now. I thought it was a great hire when IU hired him a few years back. But he needed time to rebuild the program, and I knew it would take him sometime. I am glad to see IU getting back on top and back to be the powerhouse as they once were. Not an IU fan, but I am a Coach Crean fan and I have total respect for him as a person and a coach. He does great things for Bloomington and the state of Indiana.So happy that his team beat the cheaters tonight in thriller. Good for them, good for the IU fans they deserved it, it has been a very long road for their fans and their program. Glad to see they are coming back ontop as a powerhouse and a powerhouse in the Big Ten. Watch out for IU for years to come now.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Was he injured or something else? Was he having a spat with Cal? Anyone have any clue?
    I have no idea what was (is) going on with Jones but he wasn't hurt. Whether in the game or on the bench his body language was horrible. He looked out of it with a blank stare on his face. In the game, he played with zero energy. I hope everything is okay with him.
    Bob Green

Dislike Calipari

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOfATime View Post
    All I can say is WOW! Being a Lifetime Duke fan living in Indiana. I was rooting for IU, and Coach Crean. I know IU and the alumni wanted him gone for years now. I thought it was a great hire when IU hired him a few years back. But he needed time to rebuild the program, and I knew it would take him sometime. I am glad to see IU getting back on top and back to be the powerhouse as they once were. Not an IU fan, but I am a Coach Crean fan and I have total respect for him as a person and a coach. He does great things for Bloomington and the state of Indiana.So happy that his team beat the cheaters tonight in thriller. Good for them, good for the IU fans they deserved it, it has been a very long road for their fans and their program. Glad to see they are coming back ontop as a powerhouse and a powerhouse in the Big Ten. Watch out for IU for years to come now.
    I was pleased that Indiana pulled this one out, especially since I really question Calipari's ethics as a coach. I do respect the Kentucky players. Several were very impressive and I thought Teague has the quickness to be a great penetrator. Indiana's lead evaporated when he ppenetrated and scored numerous times while Indiana missed their shots. Great IU could hit the winner. Excellent game for them and it understanable that the young Kentucky players may have been impacted by the crowd noise.

Who goes to first, Syracuse?

Our free throw shooting has been bad this year, but at least we have made them when it counts. How many times is a Calipari coached team going to lose a close game because of poor free throw shooting at the end of the game? Hopefully they've got another choke job left for the tournament after blowing this one at the line.

Although I'm usually happy anytime Kentucky loses (unless they're playing UNC), I'm not sure I want to see the sleeping giant of Indiana basketball awaken.

ummm...can we please not say "team going to lose a close game because of poor free throw shooting at the end of the game? "

it gives me the hebeejeebees
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Post of the Year - 2011

Today, 07:43 PM#15

hurleyfor3

"Attention Kentucky: When a guy named Christian is taking a last-second shot, try to guard him better."

K = 3 * 7 * 43

No Kidding . . .
    Last edited by KYtotheCore; 12-10-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ummm...can we please not say "team going to lose a close game because of poor free throw shooting at the end of the game? "

it gives me the hebeejeebees
    I think it's time somebody makes Mason wear a garter belt during the games. He's improved way too much to let those pesky free throws bring him down.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

I'd like to compliment Tom Crean on his drawing up of the last play....to have the point drive the lane and then kick it back to the shooter coming in behind him....everyone on the UK team thought they were coming in for 2 and IU (UI?) had a wide open catch and shoot....

I'll say this: calipari is a very good recruiter and has been good at managing talent, but is NOT a good in game coach...if he were, they may have 3 titles right now (before vacations)...what always sticks out for me is 4-32 3pt against UWV 2 years ago....i understand a shooting team having a bad night...but they're not a shooting team and shot 0-20 in the first half....DUKE never takes 20 threes in a half and its often our bread and butter....to be unable to correct that at game time? that's just one example....when push comes to shove in the latter stages of the tourney...he can't get wins out of his team that other great coaches have...
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Actually, I would have instructed to foul before Indiana crossed the half court line to stop forward momentum and force use of time on another inbounds pass.
    The problem with that is you give them time to set up a play, this time starting from farther down the court. I think you want to keep the clock running until Indiana gets into more of a "scoring position."

From a Duke perspective, we should see this as a warning for what can happen if you miss free throws. Kentucky had plenty of chances to seal it at the line and didn't close the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Yeah Calipari was asking someone on his team why they didn't foul as he was walking to shake Crean's hand. So the coach told them to foul but they didn't get it done
    Having a team that understands how to listen and take instruction is part of coaching. Anyone can yell at the kids and not have them hear. If they failed to execute an obvious part of the game plan part of it falls on them, but part of it falls on the coaching staff for not conveying the strategy better.

-Jason "I never miss a chance to take a shot at Cal, do I? " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Having a team that understands how to listen and take instruction is part of coaching. Anyone can yell at the kids and not have them hear. If they failed to execute an obvious part of the game plan part of it falls on them, but part of it falls on the coaching staff for not conveying the strategy better.
    I think this criticism is perfectly valid. He's a great recruiter, no doubt, but average at best of an in game coach....and his practice coaching seems to be mostly managing egos
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "I never miss a chance to take a shot at Cal, do I? " Evans
    Wait... are you saying that a team can foul with only five seconds left?

-Shouting "Are you sure you're taking a shot only at Cal?" NCU

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Attention Kentucky: When a guy named Christian is taking a last-second shot, try to guard him better.

Either that... OR GUARD THE FREAKIN' BASELINE. Will they never learn?

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Should he breathe through his eyelids, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I think it's time somebody makes Mason wear a garter belt during the games. He's improved way too much to let those pesky free throws bring him down.

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Should he breathe through his eyelids, too?
    It definitely worked for Meat!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!