Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.

MBB: Indiana 73, (1) Kentucky 72

Indiana giving Kentucky all it can handle. Hot 3 point shooting can offset a multitude of relative weaknesses.

up 9 mid-way through 2nd half. Only up 1 at half.

Interesting day of hoops developing. Goes to show the unpredictability and parity of college hoops, not to mention the blessing of home field. I was very interested to see Kansas take down Ohio State. Now Indiana is solidly leading UK. Indiana is much improved this year, but obviously this would still be a big upset.

Just shows you how hard it is to go into an opposing team's gym and win. Granted OSU didn't have Sullinger today, but in the case of Indiana and Kentucky, they are both at full strength.

Really impressed with Indiana. They look like a really good team. Great to see Assembly Hall rocking again. Great for college basketball. Shows that a good team can beat a group of more talented players. Hope the Hoosiers keep it up.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Um. Wow.

Wow, those IU kids are really excited that UK won. (75-70? ESPN)

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    OMG. What a finish. Mental error, Kentucky should have fouled. Glad they didn't.

I had forgotten that Kentucky only had 5 team fouls. They really blew it by not fouling.

Good for IU and the new #1 Syracuse.

Apparently indiana's last win over a #1 had been in the 2002 sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Apparently indiana's last win over a #1 had been in the 2002 sweet 16.
    Grrr....

Yea, we blew a nice sized lead in that one but Boozer was still fouled...

(I hope my memory is correct.)

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Grrr....

Yea, we blew a nice sized lead in that one but Boozer was still fouled...

(I hope my memory is correct.)
    The lead was 16 and Boozer was fouled... intentionally at that... per the guy that fouled him. Matt Christenson is still trying to chase down a certain former Braves catcher... I shall name no names...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    The lead was 16 and Boozer was fouled... intentionally at that... per the guy that fouled him. Matt Christenson is still trying to chase down a certain former Braves catcher... I shall name no names...
    Nice guy. Rub a little more gravel into the wound that hurleyfor3 already opened up. BTW, you forgot the word "incompetent" between former and Braves.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Nice guy. Rub a little more gravel into the wound that hurleyfor3 already opened up. BTW, you forgot the word "incompetent" between former and Braves.
    Blind, def, and all that!

Was just confirming your memory is stout!

I definitely got fouled on that play! (Signed Newton "formerly known as Boozer" 14)

What a great game. The only thing that could have made that ending better is a cross court pass to Zeller at the free throw line for the game winner. But Kentucky still got Laettner'd by IU.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

All I can say is WOW! Being a Lifetime Duke fan living in Indiana. I was rooting for IU, and Coach Crean. I know IU and the alumni wanted him gone for years now. I thought it was a great hire when IU hired him a few years back. But he needed time to rebuild the program, and I knew it would take him sometime. I am glad to see IU getting back on top and back to be the powerhouse as they once were. Not an IU fan, but I am a Coach Crean fan and I have total respect for him as a person and a coach. He does great things for Bloomington and the state of Indiana.So happy that his team beat the cheaters tonight in thriller. Good for them, good for the IU fans they deserved it, it has been a very long road for their fans and their program. Glad to see they are coming back ontop as a powerhouse and a powerhouse in the Big Ten. Watch out for IU for years to come now.

Dislike Calipari

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOfATime View Post
    All I can say is WOW! Being a Lifetime Duke fan living in Indiana. I was rooting for IU, and Coach Crean. I know IU and the alumni wanted him gone for years now. I thought it was a great hire when IU hired him a few years back. But he needed time to rebuild the program, and I knew it would take him sometime. I am glad to see IU getting back on top and back to be the powerhouse as they once were. Not an IU fan, but I am a Coach Crean fan and I have total respect for him as a person and a coach. He does great things for Bloomington and the state of Indiana.So happy that his team beat the cheaters tonight in thriller. Good for them, good for the IU fans they deserved it, it has been a very long road for their fans and their program. Glad to see they are coming back ontop as a powerhouse and a powerhouse in the Big Ten. Watch out for IU for years to come now.
    I was pleased that Indiana pulled this one out, especially since I really question Calipari's ethics as a coach. I do respect the Kentucky players. Several were very impressive and I thought Teague has the quickness to be a great penetrator. Indiana's lead evaporated when he ppenetrated and scored numerous times while Indiana missed their shots. Great IU could hit the winner. Excellent game for them and it understanable that the young Kentucky players may have been impacted by the crowd noise.

Who goes to first, Syracuse?

Our free throw shooting has been bad this year, but at least we have made them when it counts. How many times is a Calipari coached team going to lose a close game because of poor free throw shooting at the end of the game? Hopefully they've got another choke job left for the tournament after blowing this one at the line.

Although I'm usually happy anytime Kentucky loses (unless they're playing UNC), I'm not sure I want to see the sleeping giant of Indiana basketball awaken.

ummm...can we please not say "team going to lose a close game because of poor free throw shooting at the end of the game? "

it gives me the hebeejeebees
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ummm...can we please not say "team going to lose a close game because of poor free throw shooting at the end of the game? "

it gives me the hebeejeebees
    I think it's time somebody makes Mason wear a garter belt during the games. He's improved way too much to let those pesky free throws bring him down.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!