MBB: (9) UConn 67, (24) Harvard 53

For those of you who have seen the Crimson play this year, do you think they can pull off the upset? I have not seen them this year and have only watched UCONN once.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    For those of you who have seen the Crimson play this year, do you think they can pull off the upset? I have not seen them this year and have only watched UCONN once.
    I've seen enough to believe it will be no mismatch. If Harvard can beat Florida State, they can certainly compete against UConn.

Watched parts of Harvard's semifinal and final games in the Bahamas. They've got size and athletic ability, play good defense.
    My guess is UConn wins by 5 or 6 points; Harvard win very possible.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I've seen enough to believe it will be no mismatch. If Harvard can beat Florida State, they can certainly compete against UConn.

Watched parts of Harvard's semifinal and final games in the Bahamas. They've got size and athletic ability, play good defense.
    My guess is UConn wins by 5 or 6 points; Harvard win very possible.
    I hope Tommy takes them down, but I think if they do as RW says they can it will be worth noting. Going into hostile territory and walking away in defeat, yet after a good battle is nothing to be ashamed of. One of the great things going for the Crimson is they won't suffer a "deer in the headlights" effect; they have gone into away games against the big boys plenty of times before and come out with either a victory or close loss, so it won't be a new experience for them.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Go Tommy! Slay Goliath!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Can they pull of the upset? Sure. They defend and rebound, and they beat an FSU team that gave UConn a very tough test in the Bahamas. UConn has not looked like a juggernaut yet this year, and are certainly beatable right now. Will they pull off the upset? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Can they pull of the upset? Sure. They defend and rebound, and they beat an FSU team that gave UConn a very tough test in the Bahamas. UConn has not looked like a juggernaut yet this year, and are certainly beatable right now. Will they pull off the upset? Doubtful.
    Well, if it were probable, Hahvahd would probably be ranked higher than the (u)Cons, right?

Let's go Crimson! As they say in Cambridge, illegitimum non carborundum!

Go Harvard, beat the dUNCe of the North.

Stars did not align right. Hahvahd goes down, by 13. (u)Cons win

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Stars did not align right. Hahvahd goes down, by 13. (u)Cons win
    UC made some defensive changes at halftime and were a bit better not losing their guys on defense....credit harvard for some really good defense, but i think uconn just had too many weapons for them...harvard is still a really good team, and drummond was able to break out a bit now that the mask is off
    1200. DDMF.

Can someone remind me what the big dust-up was about with the NYTimes, Harvard, and Amaker?