Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    The last 3 pitchforks to the right under your name are "underlined". The line is shadowy but definitely visible. You seriously can't see that?
    My friend, when you get to my age, you're lucky you can see anything!

Now I know how Lenny Wirtz felt, except of course that I hate the Tar Heels instead of giving them every damn call because I can't see the play but figure that whatever Dean said must be right.

I appreciate everyone pointing out what I was not seeing. Now that I know what I am looking for, I can kind of see it if I zoom. I was thinking that the shading indicated how close you are to moving up to the next spork level, as opposed to some sporks that mean something different than the non-shaded sporks. So I was looking across the whole row, not just certain ones.

My bad (eyes).

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, just wait. It's coming.

-- OLDpk.

P.S. -- alll you damn kids stay off my lawn, and turn down that @#$@# you call "music."

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Now I know how Lenny Wirtz felt, except of course that I hate the Tar Heels instead of giving them every damn call because I can't see the play but figure that whatever Dean said must be right.

I appreciate everyone pointing out what I was not seeing. Now that I know what I am looking for, I can kind of see it if I zoom. I was thinking that the shading indicated how close you are to moving up to the next spork level, as opposed to some sporks that mean something different than the non-shaded sporks. So I was looking across the whole row, not just certain ones.

My bad (eyes).

-- OLDpk.

P.S. -- alll you damn kids stay off my lawn, and turn down that @#$@# you call "music."
    Nah.. you can't be old, because that would mean I am old!

I'm so one-room old school. when I read this my first thought was, "Anthony Quinn?"

(Actually, I had the same reaction as Jason)
    I was in good company - I thought the same thing as OPK and Jason!

My bad (eyes).

-- OLDpk.

I never noticed them. Once they were pointed out, I can see them.

And I'll stay off you lawn. (Once again I lie about my age and pretend to be younger than I am.)

Of course, it took me forever to notice the points everyone was talking about on the settings page. I'm glad I found them before I asked someone.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    No. More specifically, the like/dislike system is automatic as soon as a user gives one. Infractions and warnings can only be handed out by a mod.
    I never knew about the comments system either. I went to check mine and while there were 8 or 10 of them there, they were all pretty recent and I was wondering if there were more that were a little less recent, as I'd like to see them. I don't see a "page 2" or a "more" or anything like that kind of button. Or is whatever exists just put on one page and however long the page gets, it's all right there, meaning the 8 or 10 I can see is all there is?

Thanks!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I never knew about the comments system either. I went to check mine and while there were 8 or 10 of them there, they were all pretty recent and I was wondering if there were more that were a little less recent, as I'd like to see them. I don't see a "page 2" or a "more" or anything like that kind of button. Or is whatever exists just put on one page and however long the page gets, it's all right there, meaning the 8 or 10 I can see is all there is?

Thanks!
    It seems that after a while the older comments are wished away into the cornfield. I've looked to see if there is a way to see the full archive but I don't see that feature.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Alas, there is no "more" feature to see more than your last 10 comments.

I guess one could see this as a feature, as you can't dwell on any unsigned negative comments for too long, assuming you keep amassing new comments. However, if you post something that's so remarkable that more than 10 comments are left in a short period of time, you might miss some.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    ...if you post something that's so remarkable...
    Both extremely unlikely and kind of scary in my own personal case. hahahlol

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    One important fact to add from Devil84's fine explanation...

A positive comment from Patrick Davidson is worth 6347 points. A negative comment from him instantly reduces your point total to zero... where it shall remain for all eternity.

-Jason
    Thank you so much, Jason, for posting a link to what is possibly my favorite DBR thread of all time! For those of you who are newcomers to this board, you should take a look. DBR at its best.

Arkie "A True Classic!" Dukie