Percentage View on Microsoft Word

When working on a document in Microsoft Word, I find that I rarely view the document at 100 percent on my screen. If I'm reading it, then yes, 100 percent works just fine.

When editing or writing my document, however, I find that I prefer a setting of 85 percent for the view size on the screen.

I was just wondering - what view setting (percentage-wise) do you prefer when working on a document in Microsoft Word?

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    When working on a document in Microsoft Word, I find that I rarely view the document at 100 percent on my screen. If I'm reading it, then yes, 100 percent works just fine.

When editing or writing my document, however, I find that I prefer a setting of 85 percent for the view size on the screen.

I was just wondering - what view setting (percentage-wise) do you prefer when working on a document in Microsoft Word?

-EarlJam
    150%. But I have a 12" laptop screen and it's necessary to view 10-12pt font without squinting.
    Even at work on a 19" screen, I use close to 150% because I use the page-width mode. I hate looking at the gray areas to the side of the document. Seems like I'm wasting monitor space.

Just had to open a doc and check

110%. My display settings are at 1680x1050.

Mine is set at 100%, and I keep the grey bars on the side.

Probably the default, 1600 x 1200 resolution.

By the way Earl, I'll add that you have a wide array of different subjects you post on.

When writing/editing I have it at, hold on let me check, 100%. When I want to format, i.e. make sure the spacing is correct etc, I set it to 75% for multiple pages as my screen is wide enough that at 75% two pages appear on my monitor. I love the wide screen.

Sometimes when I'm working on a multiple page document I will set at 75% so that the two pages show up side by side, then I lean in close to read it.

I guess my answer really is, depends on the size of the document, the phase of the moon, which shoes I'm wearing, and what I had for breakfast or lunch.

Boy, it must be summer because we'll talk about just about anything.

For the record 100% in print layout mode.

85-90%. 100% seems too big for me, given the brightness of the monitor.

I agree with JFrosh -- months away from BB season, and yes we'll talk about anything.

For me, mostly 100% -- but then I'm a computer idiot. Endless hours, but completely non-savvy about whatever I don't need on a daily basis.

PLEASE... let the games begin. SOON. Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I guess my answer really is, depends on the size of the document, the phase of the moon, which shoes I'm wearing, and what I had for breakfast or lunch.
    Something about the above line just seems, well, romantic. Never thought I'd draw a correlation between Microsoft Word and romance.

-EarlJam

Never thought I'd draw a correlation between Microsoft Word and romance.

-EarlJam
    That makes two of us.

Something about the above line just seems, well, romantic. Never thought I'd draw a correlation between Microsoft Word and romance.

-EarlJam

And somewhere here on the sprawling Redmond campus, a product manager got his wings!