Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sick dunk from former devil Olek Czyz

Not sure if this has been posted but it's worth a look. It's a monster dunk from former player, Olek Czyz.

http://youtu.be/n9TIHmZGy90

Enjoy!

nice...he looks like he leaned out some....body-wise
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

looks alot like that break-away reverse slam that Miles had earlier this year, vs. Davidson(?).

thanks for the video

Looked up the stats for Olek and Carrick Felix out of curiosity

Olek averaging 9.6 points and 5.9 rebounds so far this year; averaged 12.3 point/game last year

Felix at 11.7 points and 5.0 rebounds this year for Arizona State.

Both have had moderate success, it appears.
    No real regrets that they moved on and hope they do well.
    Okay...one "what-if"....could Felix have helped us on defense against Arizona in the tournament last year?
    Probably not, that was an other-world type performance from the Wildcats.

Slick video. At first I thought he got away with a traveling violation but in reality he just took two tremendous strides starting at the 3 point line! Hence that was a nice explosive dunk!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilCorvette! View Post
    At first I thought he got away with a traveling violation
    That's because he did.

When your first step after picking up your dribble is outside the three-point line, odds are good it's a travel...

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    That's because he did.
    Are you Jay Bilas?

(okay, bad joke)

I can see them not calling the travel. But the carry is the part that stands out to me. When he reaches out to grab the ball before his final dribble, his palm is facing the ceiling!

Here it is in full speed. Doesn't look quite as epic as in slo-mo. Looks like he didn't carry, since the ball was poked away in the frontcourt on the other end and he chased it down, took the one dribble off a loose ball and dunked. Definitely walked, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAhT...eature=related

Sure looked like a travel to me. Everyone carries the ball now days.

I think the slo-mo speed of the video made it longer than his actually cummulative playing time at Duke.

But in all seriousness I'm glad he is getting to play at Nevada, seems like a good fit for him to go home. Best of luck.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Sitting on Their Hands

He pulls off that steal and dunk at home and everyone in the stands look like they are falling asleep. We really take Cameron and the Crazies for granted sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Are you Jay Bilas?

(okay, bad joke)
    Well played sir.

That's because he did.
    Oh you're right...my bad... I was thinking that was a Psycho T highlight in which case it wouldn't have been a traveling violation

After watching Jimmy Graham play tight end last night for the Saints, I'm convinced all basketball players who are large, have a great leaping ability but lesser basketball ability should go play tight end. Olek falls into the category.

I wonder where Olek learned how to get into the passing lanes like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadedevil View Post
    He pulls off that steal and dunk at home and everyone in the stands look like they are falling asleep. We really take Cameron and the Crazies for granted sometimes.
    Yeah, it was pretty obscene how muted the reaction was. You can see Olek raising his arms up, trying to get the crowd up and maybe one person stood up that was in the view of the TV camera. Slight difference in atmosphere from his previous home court.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    After watching Jimmy Graham play tight end last night for the Saints, I'm convinced all basketball players who are large, have a great leaping ability but lesser basketball ability should go play tight end. Olek falls into the category.
    Seriously. Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez agree wholeheartedly. I'm almost shocked Rob Gronkowski didn't play college hoops. I'd say any collegiate forward who's got a little heft and can run, regardless of his basketball ability (unless an NBA prospect) should be getting in touch with any QB he can find on campus.

As I said in a CTC thread, it's a lot less impressive when you don't have to dribble and no one is guarding you.

But pluses for the D.

Speaking of hoopsters becoming tight ends, the Dallas Cowboys gave Mike Tissaw a try-out back in the day. Didn't work. Kid needed hand transplants.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    That's because he did.
    Yep. Took 3 steps after picking up the dribble. Clearly a walk in my view.