Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Nice to see some young men can reach a decision without the dog and pony show.
    I couldn't agree more. These televised specials have got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Am I the only one seeing Dre 2.0 when they see Matt play?!? I really hope he's putting in major work on his handle and cup game in his off time...the stroke looks great though
    Perhaps we should wait until--I don't know-at least his senior year of high school before we decide how good he's going to be based on very limited intel.

How do we know he's not going to be J.J. Redick 2.0? Or Trajan Langdon 2.0?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Perhaps we should wait until--I don't know-at least his senior year of high school before we decide how good he's going to be based on very limited intel.

How about Matt Jones 1.0? I bet that's the way he'd like it to be seen.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Am I the only one seeing Dre 2.0 when they see Matt play?!? I really hope he's putting in major work on his handle and cup game in his off time...the stroke looks great though

Jones looks on the smaller size compared to Sheed. Because of Dawkins inability to develop his game that last 2 season, everyone is concerned about the next SG that doesnt show the ability to handle the ball.

Sheed has decent handles, but not close to Rivers ability to go one on one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chill View Post
    Jones looks on the smaller size compared to Sheed. Because of Dawkins inability to develop his game that last 2 season, everyone is concerned about the next SG that doesnt show the ability to handle the ball.
    I don't think it's accurate to say that "everyone" is concerned about that. Especially since Jones has yet to finish his junior year of high school.

Didn't mention at all how good he's going to be, just that his game looks similar to Dre's right now...

Permit me to be less unsubtle here.

Few--if any-posters here have actually seen Matt Jones play in person. He still has one season left in high school before he shows up at Duke. To me, it seems premature and counterproductive to use video highlights of a high-school junior to predict a college career-arc. We simply don't know enough to place limitations on him and it's not like he's running out of time to address whatever flaws his game may have.

A pet peeve, to be sure.

Maybe I should've said JJ 2.0

Its quite common to hear someone say ..."Who does player x's game remind you of?" That's all it was, not trying to predict the kids career or potential

Paul Biancardi over at ESPN tweeted last night that Jones is the best pure shooter in HS today regardless of class.

Here is a recent interview with Matt Jones that most will enjoy reading - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/05/t...-jones-update/ He averaged 15.5 ppg this past weekend in the Nike EYBL.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Watzone! I did enjoy the read; it's always good to read about a future Blue Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Here is a recent interview with Matt Jones that most will enjoy reading - http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/05/t...-jones-update/ He averaged 15.5 ppg this past weekend in the Nike EYBL.

Profile of AAU team of Matt Jones and Julius Randle. Coach emphasizes defense, disciplined play, execution, rather than run-and-gun. Sure hope Matt Jones's D is as impressive as his 3-bombing. Sure hope Julius Randle comes to Duke.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/...d-texas-titans

great article...

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Profile of AAU team of Matt Jones and Julius Randle. Coach emphasizes defense, disciplined play, execution, rather than run-and-gun. Sure hope Matt Jones's D is as impressive as his 3-bombing. Sure hope Julius Randle comes to Duke.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/...d-texas-titans
    thanks for sharing. i love reading about jones playing in a system that focuses on defense first. i hope matt is in randle's ear frequently about coming to duke!