Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke loves their guards from the Lone Star State. Daniel Ewing (in my opinion, one of the most underrated players Duke has had in recent memory), Rasheed Sulaimon, and now Matt Jones. Am I missing anyone else guys?

Welcome to Duke, Mr. Jones! I sincerely think you just made one of the best decisions of your life!
    Thomas Hill

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    In the class of 2013, Jones is ranked #21st, #23rd and #28th overall, by ESPN, Scout and Rivals (the worst for basketball), respectively. Great shooter with a quick release, solid midrange game, smooth but not flashy. Athletic enough to finish with the occasional dunk but not an elite athlete. Curious if anyone knows about his on-ball defending?

Scout has him as a 5-star and #5 SG in the class, ESPN a 97-grade and #9 SG in the class (though their top 10 SGs are all 97s), Rivals a 4-star and #6 SG in the class. Should be a solid complementary player who really emerges after a couple years in the program, IMO, and hopefully help our already strong standing with Randle!

Also, I kinda like that we're going to have some Texas twang on the squad over the next few years.
    Watzone stated in the July thread linked in a post above Jones is a good on-ball defender though someone else opined it was a weakness that needed improvement. Looks like a very solid player with good length. I love the fact that he is a really good rebounder as well. It just makes a team much stronger defensively with a 3/SF that rebounds well.

I am excited about this kid. Nice to lock him up way early in the process.

Welcome to Duke Mr. Jones!

Wow. Nice surprise. I had a good feeling about him, and was thinking of posting in the Class of 2013 thread to see if anyone had any clue where we stood. It's always nice when a guy like this climbs on the bus and you dont have to sweat it.

Welcome to Duke, Mr. Jones!

Hopefully he will become as prolific a 3 point shooter as Redick, Langdon, Dawkins and Thornton.

Welcome to Duke, Matt. I look forward to watching you in Cameron!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

welcome to Duke, Matt!!!

Matt Jones highlight video from this past weekends Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Texas
    http://www.prepforce.com/video/640/m...iving-hoopfest

Quote Originally Posted by Swardy View Post
    Matt Jones highlight video from this past weekends Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Texas
    Wow, that had to be the worst highlight video I've ever seen . I'm excited about Jones though.

I have been waiting for this announcement. So excited about this kid and what he brings to Duke!! Hopefully another great shooter, awesome character and good defender. He was so excited about Duke on his visit that he almost committed that day. Glad to have you!! Welcome to Duke, Matt!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Hopefully he will become as prolific a 3 point shooter as Redick, Langdon, Dawkins and Thornton.
    Too soon... Dawkins needs more shot attempts.
    "Shout out to this clock right here that's telling us what time it is." - Dre

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke loves their guards from the Lone Star State. Daniel Ewing (in my opinion, one of the most underrated players Duke has had in recent memory), Rasheed Sulaimon, and now Matt Jones. Am I missing anyone else guys?

Welcome to Duke, Mr. Jones! I sincerely think you just made one of the best decisions of your life!
    Doug NMcNeely from Texas was Coach K's first recruit at Duke!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Wow, that had to be the worst highlight video I've ever seen . I'm excited about Jones though.
    Try this one

http://www.ballislife.com/64-matt-jo...ving-hoopfest/

Quote Originally Posted by Major247 View Post
    smooth as the other side of the pillow...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

If we're going to run down the list of Duke hoops Texans, we can't forget Willie Hodge, Duke's greatest fouler.

He actually had some game. But man did he foul.

One time Duke was getting off the bus at Chapel Hill. Somebody asked "where's Willie?" Bill Foster replied that he had fouled out on thebus ride over.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    smooth as the other side of the pillow...
    Smooth as a baby's bottom. And just as explosive!

After reading the comments above about his outside shot, I was surprised to see how well he fills the lane and drives as well. Looks like a scorer, not just a shooter.

I think he'll fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If we're going to run down the list of Duke hoops Texans, we can't forget Willie Hodge, Duke's greatest fouler.

He actually had some game. But man did he foul.

One time Duke was getting off the bus at Chapel Hill. Somebody asked "where's Willie?" Bill Foster replied that he had fouled out on thebus ride over.
    We would be remiss if we did not also give some props to Alexis Jones (no kin AFAIK), who Coach P signed in the upcoming class for the women. Top five or ten player, depending on the source. From Midland.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We would be remiss if we did not also give some props to Alexis Jones (no kin AFAIK), who Coach P signed in the upcoming class for the women. Top five or ten player, depending on the source. From Midland.
    We be Jonesin'

Not long ago one of the Comcast sports channels in this area ran that most legendary of Duke-Kentucky games, and I was reminded in watching it of what a fine game Thomas Hill played, made a huge basket in the late going. Also had forgotten how high he could sky. Shooting guards from Texas are always welcome at Duke.

Sounds like our rivals will be trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Thank you, thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    We be Jonesin'
    If this were many other schools, I'd say we "need that cash to feed that Jones."

But we don't do that. And few would get the reference anyway. So forget I said it.

The Welcome Matt is out!