Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Mason has his legs taken out from behind, and they call a travel?

This game has already been decided...

OMG! I guess it's legal to trip a guy now? WTH?!?!?

Where is our defense?

Andre was so lackadaisical chasing after Buford on that wide-open jump shot. And he bricked a wide open 15-fter earlier - can all the JJ comparisons stop now?

Got to tighten up the D. Too many open looks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by banneheim View Post
    what does valentine have against Coach K?
    Ok, I'm breaking my own rule after that "travel" on Mason. Apparently you're allowed to lie on the floor and trip people.

That aside, we gotta figure things out on defense. Our guards have got to fight through screens better. Ever screen rubs Andre, Austin, Seth, Tyler . . . whomever off the receiver who simply has to turn and hit a wide open 15 footer. Those are the shots we want them taking, we just can't make them the equivalent of free throws.

They are defending the 3 well. Need to get our shooters some shots

Something other than the refs:

1) Mason has looked very solid thus far

2) Aside from a few TO's, Austin looks very good. He's been the only one to attack the Ohio State defense.

Think it might be time to see what G can bring on the defensive end against Buford.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    That was a CLEAR charge on Rivers. Maybe the suckitude of the refs extends to both teams, after all.
    Huh? Sullinger was pretty clearly leaning left.

Oh, and looks like we're not alone...
    NdotSmitty Nolan D. Smith
    Ted Valentine hates Duke... As a ref, he circles the Duke games, it's him vs Coach K... I remember him! Lol!!! It's a macho thing with him!

That was a CLEAR charge on Rivers. Maybe the suckitude of the refs extends to both teams, after all.
    No way... Sullinger slid under Rivers. In real time I thought it was a charge too, but the replay was clear that Sully was moving.

Forget the refs...our defense is a joke...every shot they take is open. We need some fight!

Actually, I found this to be one of their better calls...not just being a Duke fan, but Sullinger was sliding under as Rivers was avoiding contact. A call that too often gets called a charge.

TOSU is UNLV on steroids, so to speak. It seems like a very good college squad against an NBA squad.

How many times am I going to hear Dan Shulman say "and a wide open shot for..." when talking about OSU on offense?

Quote Originally Posted by mndukie View Post
    Actually, I found this to be one of their better calls...not just being a Duke fan, but Sullinger was sliding under as Rivers was avoiding contact. A call that too often gets called a charge.
    Ouch. Three wide open threes. All misses. That was a good chance to get back in the game.

I think it's less about the refs, and more about our poor perimeter defense. Our guards are step slow on defense.

Also, Ohio St seems to make all of their contested shots in the paint, while Duke isn't.

Austin sure likes to go right, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by mndukie View Post
    Agree with this one. At game speed from the cameras I thought it was a blown call. You could clearly see Sully leaning on the replay, though.

Unfortuantly I am waiting for Dandy Don to start singing.

Ok, I really was trying to talk about something other than the refs, but the OSU players were hacking the fool out of Thornton when he was on the ground and...jump ball? Jeez!!!

I don't care that much if we win this game or not. Forget about the refs ... so far an apparent home team bias.

This is Rivers' coming out party. He is very good. Making the transition to great. Looking like Kyrie did last year in terms of getting to the basket at will. Now he is finishing. He is an offensive weapon unlike any other in the country.

Again, regardless of who wins, that is the most important thing happening in this game.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013