A good word for Quinn Cook

Perhaps this could have gone under the post-game thread but I thought I would mention it here. Did anyone else notice Quinn consoling Thomas Robinson and offering him some words of encouragement after the game. It wasn't just a brief interaction either it was a hug and long speech in his ear. This isn't the first time I've noticed this from Quinn. He seems to quite the young man and a lot like Kyrie and Nolan in his caring demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    Perhaps this could have gone under the post-game thread but I thought I would mention it here. Did anyone else notice Quinn consoling Thomas Robinson and offering him some words of encouragement after the game. It wasn't just a brief interaction either it was a hug and long speech in his ear. This isn't the first time I've noticed this from Quinn. He seems to quite the young man and a lot like Kyrie and Nolan in his caring demeanor.
    Both are from the DC area, so I'm guessing they know each other from AAU and such. It was definitely nice to see, though.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    Both are from DC and both lost a parent at a young age. I would guess they know each other as the DC basketball community is small, and Quinn can relate to Robinson's tragic circumstances (losing two grandparents and his mother in such a short time frame). My heart goes out to the kid, and I'm happy to have a quality person like Quinn on our team.

Yes--this is likely a "carry it forward" sort of situation--Quinn's dad was one of the folks who looked out for Nolan after he lost his dad, and Nolan has been looking out for Quinn since Quinn's dad died. This is what they do--they are impressive young men. And from what I have read/heard, Robinson is also pretty impressive.

I did notice this last night and was glad the camera folks thought it was worthy of note. In general, the post game handshakes were pretty great, because many were hugs instead of shakes--the kids had been warriors and they all clearly respected each other's effort. But the Quinn moment with Thomas Robinson was the best.

So glad that was caught on camera.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide