Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Maybe we should change the title of this post to:

This team is very fun.

For a fan, that makes for a great ride.
    I'll agree with that. However, the title......it stands. This team is very good. So many guys can hurt you, and they play with confidence. That is the mark of a good team. They will continue to struggle with athletic teams somewhat, but 2010 wasn't full of athletes, but they found a way. The title stands!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoopsGuru View Post
    I'll agree with that. However, the title......it stands. This team is very good. So many guys can hurt you, and they play with confidence. That is the mark of a good team. They will continue to struggle with athletic teams somewhat, but 2010 wasn't full of athletes, but they found a way. The title stands!
    Of course.

Prescient thread by DukeHoopsGuru?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    No offense intended, but I strongly disagree with this sentiment. The journey matters. Sometimes even more than the destination.
    I couldn't agree more. One game shouldn't be the be-all end-all when looking at the success of a team. No matter what happens this year, they have won at least one championship against a great field.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Maybe we should change the title of this post to:

This team is very fun.

For a fan, that makes for a great ride.
    This team is indeed very fun, but part of the reason, is this team is also very good, with lots of room for improvement. I have been enjoying the journey so far and hope this team improves the way many of us fans feel they can.

I love that we are able to have this thread so early in the season!

I said several times during the off-season that this team had the potential to be very good. It actually amazed me that so many people (on this board even) were saying things like we should lower our expectations for this season, and we might end up a sweet 16 team but that was about it. I think everybody agreed that there was going to be a learning process with this team, we just had different opinions on how good they would be at the end of that process. But I can honestly say that I don't think any of us believed this team would be this good so soon.

I remember telling my wife about half way through the 2010 season that I thought the team was going to become a very special team. You could just see them coming together and believing in each other. It was amazing to watch! I think we are already seeing that with this group of guys. Watching Austin cheer for Tyler against Kansas was great to see. You could see the genuine happiness for his teammate on his face. He could have easily been upset and pouting because he wasn't in the game during crunch time but he wasn't. Little things like that turn very good teams into special teams.

This team has it all... Great talent, versatility, size, high IQ, and of course the best coaching staff in all of basketball. But most importantly this team still has a lot of room to grow and improve. I'm sure there will be a few bumps in the road, there always is, but if they continue to improve at the rate they are currently going this will be a very special team. Here's to hoping we are witnesses to a very good team growing into a very special team!! (raising a pretend ice cold adult beverage)