Tyler freakin Thornton

WOW!!!! Way to hang in and nail those threes big man. That was awesome!!!! And yes, Curry walked. But its all good. Nice game from several of our kids. Kansas played great too, but I'm glad we were on the winning end of this one. Now, can we win at Ohio St.??? Gonna be tough, but its getting hard to count these kids out. I know their legs were tired, but they played with tons of heart tonight. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! GO DUKE!!!

It's Thornton! That's T-H-O-R-N-T-O-N.
    Bob Green

oops, sorry, my bad!!!!

Another arrow in the quiver.....go Tyler !!!!...Great job !!!!!!!!

I just never expected them to come from there. Well, for that matter neither did Kansas.

Maybe now the ESPN announcers will call him by his correct name. T-Y-L-E-R...not freaking TAYLOR like I heard about 10 times that game!

What a game. This team amazes me. I did not expect this "togetherness" so early in the season, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Maybe now the ESPN announcers will call him by his correct name. T-Y-L-E-R...not freaking TAYLOR like I heard about 10 times that game!
    Separated at birth?

http://www.nusports.com/sports/w-lac..._taylor00.html

U can't stop TT U can only hope to contain him...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I didn't realize this, but K mentioned in the post game that so far this year Tyler has had the ball in his hands 5 times late in the shot clock. When the shot clock is running out, the staff yells out a "color" and that is the signal to get a shot up right away no matter what.

In those 5 situations, Tyler has scored 4 times, and K felt that Tyler drew a foul that was not called on the 5th. I think that shows a great sense of awareness on Tyler's part as well as an ability to not panic in a high pressure situation. 2 great skills for a PG to have.

And put me in the camp of those who believe Seth did not walk once, let alone twice. I agree with Feldspar and others who pointed out it was a jump stop. He may have even been fouled there. It looked like he possibly got bumped but with the camera angle it was hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    In those 5 situations, Tyler has scored 4 times, and K felt that Tyler drew a foul that was not called on the 5th. I think that shows a great sense of awareness on Tyler's part as well as an ability to not panic in a high pressure situation. 2 great skills for a PG to have.
    I know K said Tyler scored 4 times, but it's not really true. On one of them he threw a great pass for a Mason dunk just before the shotclock buzzer went off. In my mind that's just as good, or probably even better, but to be technical about it, Tyler didn't score that time.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I know K said Tyler scored 4 times, but it's not really true. On one of them he threw a great pass for a Mason dunk just before the shotclock buzzer went off. In my mind that's just as good, or probably even better, but to be technical about it, Tyler didn't score that time.
    Thanks. I remember that play now that you mention it. Trying to recall the play where he did not score but nothing coming to mind. So 3 out of 5 instead of 4. Still pretty good. The last one obviously being the biggest. I was surprised K did not put Austin back in after a timeout with something like 2.5-3 minutes to go, but he obviously had a feeling and went with Tyler. Austin appeared to handle it well, which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Thanks. I remember that play now that you mention it. Trying to recall the play where he did not score but nothing coming to mind. So 3 out of 5 instead of 4. Still pretty good. The last one obviously being the biggest. I was surprised K did not put Austin back in after a timeout with something like 2.5-3 minutes to go, but he obviously had a feeling and went with Tyler. Austin appeared to handle it well, which is good.
    It was toward the end of the Kansas game. In fact, I believe it happened right before the two big 3pt shots he made. There were just a couple of seconds left and he drove baseline from the 3pt line and forced up an off-balance runner from the right side with 1 second left. It was heavily defended and missed badly. I don't think he warranted a foul call on that one. If they'd called a foul for him, it would have been a real bailout call.

That said, Thornton successfully managed a scoring play on 4 of the 5 opportunities. I'd give him credit for the Mason dunk, as Thornton did all the work and Mason just got the easy basket out of it. So he didn't actually score on 4 of 5, but he completely created the score on 4 of 5. It's pretty impressive, albeit unlikely.