Happy Veteran's Day!

It's a good day to give a shout out and a thank you to all the veterans we know, both on DBR and in our personal lives.

Thank you all very much for your service and sacrifice. All of us owe you our appreciation.

I always think of some of the great vets I know on this holiday. Starting off with my Dad, of course. Then there are my patients, and I'm privileged to take care of many veterans. I just met another one yesterday - a great WWII vet who had received a shrapnel wound in the left leg during the war and was still busy every day working his farm and in his son's autobody shop. As with every WWII vet I've met, he took his diagnosis (fortunately a very manageable issue) in stride, thanked me for taking care of him, and said ''ÖK, Doc!'' when I told him my plan to manage him.

Happy Veterans Day to all of you who have served. It's men and women like you that this country looks up to, and we thank you and your families for making such huge sacrifices for us!

Now, enjoy the festivities this evening...and let's hope you get a great gift in the form of 901!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Thank you Veterans!

To all Veterans,

Thank you so much for your service to our great country!

I am indebted to each of you. People like my dad (Navy), my father-in-law (who went ashore at Okinawa) and some others who fought in France and who all told HORRIFIC tales of human suffering and great sacrifice that make any grown man, today, cry great tears, I am so proud to say 'thank you', deeply, for helping us all earn our freedom. Thank you for teaching me, through your service, that the freedom we have today is not free, but requires much.

dukestheheat.

Thank you, and bless those who sacrificed all.

Thanks to those who served...

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    It has been my honor and privilege to work in the company of active duty personnel for 20 years now, and I have gained a great respect for the sacrifices they make – even those that never see combat duty. This nation is well served by the dedicated and loyal men and women that wear the uniforms of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard. Thank you all.

I saw this on Facebook and thought I'd share it here:

veterans.jpg
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Thank you to all who have and are serving. The sacrifices you, and your loved ones, make and have made are greatly appreciated. The freedom you have guaranteed us are not free. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and continue to keep all of the members of our Armed Forces in my prayers.

Barbara

It's a little late... Well I take that back, it's never to late to thank our veterans. I just came across this and thought it was very good. The WVU marching band with a tribute to our Armed forces.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    It's a little late... Well I take that back, it's never to late to thank our veterans. I just came across this and thought it was very good. The WVU marching band with a tribute to our Armed forces.

That was terrific. Amazing precision in the marching. A great performance. Thanks for sharing.