Another Coach K read

Good article, but wrong in one respect. A female by the name of Pat Summit has won at least 1071 games and counting. And as much as I will pull for the Duke ladies to beat her, she is a class act and has done for UT and lady's basketball what Coach K has done for Duke and men's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    Good article, but wrong in one respect. A female by the name of Pat Summit has won at least 1071 games and counting. And as much as I will pull for the Duke ladies to beat her, she is a class act and has done for UT and lady's basketball what Coach K has done for Duke and men's basketball.
    Two entirely different games. Similar in that both are played with a round ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Two entirely different games. Similar in that both are played with a round ball.
    on the same court with the exact same rules (except for 10 second backcourt).
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Today the rules are the same - not throughout her career. Also the ball is smaller.

Women's basketball has nowhere near the parity/competition level that men's basketball has. It's getting better though.

Pat Summit is a great coach and deserves high praise, don't get me wrong. Just can't really compare the two coaches. Both are historic.

- Chillin

I was not trying to equate men's and women's basketball. But I thought I read in the article that the author said man or woman. I was merely pointing out that a woman coach had won more games at this point in the respective careers.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    When it comes to the 1071 wins, there is a vast difference in the women's game. For much of her career, Pat had to only beat out 3-4 other programs when it came time to sign the top players.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!