Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    Another Coach K read


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Good article, but wrong in one respect. A female by the name of Pat Summit has won at least 1071 games and counting. And as much as I will pull for the Duke ladies to beat her, she is a class act and has done for UT and lady's basketball what Coach K has done for Duke and men's basketball.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    Good article, but wrong in one respect. A female by the name of Pat Summit has won at least 1071 games and counting. And as much as I will pull for the Duke ladies to beat her, she is a class act and has done for UT and lady's basketball what Coach K has done for Duke and men's basketball.
    Two entirely different games. Similar in that both are played with a round ball.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Two entirely different games. Similar in that both are played with a round ball.
    on the same court with the exact same rules (except for 10 second backcourt).
    usa

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    on the same court with the exact same rules (except for 10 second backcourt).
    Today the rules are the same - not throughout her career. Also the ball is smaller.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Women's basketball has nowhere near the parity/competition level that men's basketball has. It's getting better though.

    Pat Summit is a great coach and deserves high praise, don't get me wrong. Just can't really compare the two coaches. Both are historic.

    - Chillin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    I was not trying to equate men's and women's basketball. But I thought I read in the article that the author said man or woman. I was merely pointing out that a woman coach had won more games at this point in the respective careers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    on the same court with the exact same rules (except for 10 second backcourt).
    When it comes to the 1071 wins, there is a vast difference in the women's game. For much of her career, Pat had to only beat out 3-4 other programs when it came time to sign the top players.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Similar Threads

  1. DBR MODS Please Read
    By obsesseddukefan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 09:27 PM
  2. Great read on Coach K and Chris Collins
    By awich1 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 11:01 AM
  3. Nice Read From FOX
    By PADukeMom in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 03:58 PM
  4. Never read the reviews
    By Bostondevil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •