Thread: Jay Heaps

Jay Heaps

Jay is about to become the second Blue Devil to man the helm of a Major League Soccer team. According to many sources, Heaps is set to take over as the coach of the New England Revolution. He joins Jason Kreis (Real Salt Lake) as Blue Devils as current head coaches.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ead-coach.html

Best of luck to Jay in his new gig!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Go Jay! A lot of people might not remember that Jay was also a member of the Duke Basketball team. Thus, the Coach K coaching tree has now extended to soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingDevil View Post
    Go Jay! A lot of people might not remember that Jay was also a member of the Duke Basketball team. Thus, the Coach K coaching tree has now extended to soccer.
    And he throws a mean hip-check, too!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Heaps and McInnis

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Was Jay the Duke player who was mugged in Cameron by that great humanitarian, Jeff McInnis of UNC, resulting in McInnes's ejection? They both played in the March 1996 game. Heaps was 5-9 and 155# and McInnis was 6-4 and 190.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Was Jay the Duke player who was mugged in Cameron by that great humanitarian, Jeff McInnis of UNC, resulting in McInnes's ejection? They both played in the March 1996 game. Heaps was 5-9 and 155# and McInnis was 6-4 and 190.

sagegrouse
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    Ha ha no. It was the other way round - Duke had to give a foul, and Heaps decided to make his foul count. McInnis, accustomed to the more genteel fouling of basketball players, took extreme offense and quickly earned his second technical foul of the game and an ejection.

More here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Ha ha no. It was the other way round - Duke had to give a foul, and Heaps decided to make his foul count. McInnis, accustomed to the more genteel fouling of basketball players, took extreme offense and quickly earned his second technical foul of the game and an ejection.
    I recall Heaps was just trying to pressure the ball as McInnis was bring it upcourt along the sideline. But it was a long time ago.

More here.
    That's my recollection as well.

Heh.

A 3rd Dukie as MLS coach

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Jay is about to become the second Blue Devil to man the helm of a Major League Soccer team. According to many sources, Heaps is set to take over as the coach of the New England Revolution. He joins Jason Kreis (Real Salt Lake) as Blue Devils as current head coaches.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ead-coach.html

Best of luck to Jay in his new gig!
    Current coaches. But I believe that Mike Jeffries also coached in MLS, Dallas I think. I had the pleasure of watching 4 different Hermann award winner play for Duke while I was there and Mike was one of them.

More here.
    Like I said to begin with, Jay can throw a helluva hip check!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Congrats to Jay. I would love to see Jay back at Duke one day.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    That was a perfectly legal shoulder charge (in soccer). Not Jay's fault that press row is so close to the sideline.