Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Such an incredibly boring 1st half. Tons of fouls and stoppages in the game. The crowd is completely silent. The announcers have been terrible.

-Everything about that 1st half made me want to turn the channel.

I won't even get into the frustration I had while watching Miles and Rivers. Thank god Dawkins shot lights out.

Hopefully our guys can get into some sort of rhythm during the 2nd half...

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    I'd rather have Dawkins be 3-4 from two-point range instead of three-point.
    Now that is just a silly thing to say. He's hit 4 threes for 12 pts, that's like saying i'd rather he scored 8 pts rather than 12. Which is akin to saying, i'd rather us be losing by 3 rather than up by 1.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    For all those people that love talking about how great Wojo is- I hope you are watching this game.
    You're trying to earn another orange thingy on your profile, aren't you?

That last second floater by MSU reminded me of the Arizona game last year, but we were up by a lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    You're trying to earn another orange thingy on your profile, aren't you?
    Lol. The mods love me around here cause I keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyzewskiville View Post
    That last second floater by MSU reminded me of the Arizona game last year, but we were up by a lot more!
    Is Hubert Davis drunk?

A few more forced drives ending up in charging calls will set Austin off to the point of no return. He's about as good at hiding his emotions as I am.

Note: I am terrible at holding in my emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Now that is just a silly thing to say. He's hit 4 threes for 12 pts, that's like saying i'd rather he scored 8 pts rather than 12. Which is akin to saying, i'd rather us be losing by 3 rather than up by 1.
    If you think a little more critically, it would mean that he's shown some comfort driving the lane and finishing through contact (especially against Michigan State), which bodes well for his production as a player and our team's long-term prospects. Also it doesn't mean we would be losing by 3 because Andre successfully attacking the hoop would change the whole complexion of the game in our favor and get MSU in foul trouble.

We already know he can shoot lights-out from 3; however, he is for the most part a one-dimensional offensive player. At least, that's what he's shown us.

To be frank, it's both a miracle that Duke is leading at all, but they could be leading by a ton. By that I mean, with three point shooting that hot, you should be up double digits. With general play that bad, though, it's a miracle they're not getting blown out. Michigan State helped us a lot by making some bad turnovers that were unforced by the Duke defense. Each offense really had one thing going for it. Duke had three's and Michigan State had drives. They killed us driving the ball.

A few bright spots (besides hot shooting). Duke did a good job of team rebounding on defense. Michigan state made it very difficult to grab clean rebounds but the little guys helped clean up the loose balls. Duke is hanging with Michigan State on the boards right now which has to continue. I saw some good post moves (and some not so good moves). I think that some of the moves that the Plumlees made in the first two games aren't working here. Specifically, the long moves that take two or three dribbles didn't work because the defenders are big and athletic enough to catch up to them. The best move was Mason's quick one dribble hook. He didn't give the defender a chance to get over and didn't have long enough to end up traveling.

If you think a little more critically, it would mean that he's shown some comfort driving the lane and finishing through contact (especially against Michigan State), which bodes well for his production as a player and our team's long-term prospects. Also it doesn't mean we would be losing by 3 because Andre successfully attacking the hoop would change the whole complexion of the game in our favor and get MSU in foul trouble.

We already know he can shoot lights-out from 3; however, he is for the most part a one-dimensional offensive player. At least, that's what he's shown us.
    Well considering that he hasn't shot lights out so far this season, i think it's great that he's super hot right now, especially when no one else is (tho' Curry has hit 2-3 for 9pts). He did have a break-away dunk, but when he drove the lane later he got blocked.
    I agree that picking up fouls would be good, but when he tried to get one, he got stuffed. Not sure why you want to repeat that.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Well considering that he hasn't shot lights out so far this season, i think it's great that he's super hot right now, especially when no one else is (tho' Curry has hit 2-3 for 9pts). He did have a break-away dunk, but when he drove the lane later he got blocked.
    I agree that picking up fouls would be good, but when he tried to get one, he got stuffed. Not sure why you want to repeat that.
    I agree, which is why I said, "I'd rather him be 3-4 on two-pointers instead of three-pointers." Not drive the lane 4 times and get packed every time.

Speaking of nice blocks, who else loved the Ryan Kelly stuff on Draymond Green . . . YES!

Our bigs are definitely matching MSU's toughness in the post, but ugh so many dumb TOs. Like when Mason caught the nice pass 3 ft. away from the hoop then proceeded to shuffle his feet and travel.

Cmon guys, sharpen up out there!

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Is Hubert Davis drunk?
    I don't think so, but when Hubert is paired with Dickie and/or Digger, he abandons his generally solid bball analysis to attempt to match them in ... whatever it is they do these days. It appears that Digger, especially, is sort of a default doofus for the others to parody. Hubert and Jay are fine together, except when Digger is on the scene. Then Jay, too, allows his inner comedian to take over, often to embarrassing effect.

I agree, which is why I said, "I'd rather him be 3-4 on two-pointers instead of three-pointers." Not drive the lane 4 times and get packed every time.

Speaking of nice blocks, who else loved the Ryan Kelly stuff on Draymond Green . . . YES!

Our bigs are definitely matching MSU's toughness in the post, but ugh so many dumb TOs. Like when Mason caught the nice pass 3 ft. away from the hoop then proceeded to shuffle his feet and travel.

The one thing are bigs definitely deserve credit for is rebounding. They are really neutralizing MSU on the boards.

Great to see Andre put the ball on the floor and get to the bucket with success. We need that.

We're going to have some games this year where we go cold, and it'll probably cost us a game or two. But we'll also have several games like this, where guys are lighting up from outside, and it's going to carry us through some otherwise ugly stretches. Every shot our guys are putting up from 3 right now, I believe is going in - they look extremely dialed in.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

don't mind

I don't mind the announcers having fun; people can always turn the volume down and rely on their own eyes if it is too distracting.

Hey man, i liked that last drive by Dawkins! I agree with your premise that it would be nice to see Dre diversify his game, but i want him to shoot the 3 whenever he feels like he's got a good look. The thing is for him to be able to recognize opps to drive. That last one, he actually had a lane, he drove it and made a rather non-simple shot. I'd love to see more of that, too, but not at the expense of his 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    We're going to have some games this year where we go cold, and it'll probably cost us a game or two. But we'll also have several games like this, where guys are lighting up from outside, and it's going to carry us through some otherwise ugly stretches. Every shot our guys are putting up from 3 right now, I believe is going in - they look extremely dialed in.
    Well, except when Seth's taking one-on-one step back 20-footers.

Oh Miles. So silly. Both Plumlees have now earned really dumb technical fouls.

Arrgggh

Are Miles and Mason having a competition as to not thinking tonight?