Small Measure of Consolation If Duke Loses Tonight

I've always rooted for Duke to win every game, and I will be rooting thusly tonight. However, I have a feeling that if the Devils do lose to MSU I might not feel quite as lousy as I usually do after a loss because it would be great to see Coach win number 903--though a win against Davidson would not be easy--in Cameron. Anyone else feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I've always rooted for Duke to win every game, and I will be rooting thusly tonight. However, I have a feeling that if the Devils do lose to MSU I might not feel quite as lousy as I usually do after a loss because it would be great to see Coach win number 903--though a win against Davidson would not be easy--in Cameron. Anyone else feel this way?
    Not me I doubt Coach K will jump on your bandwagon, either. Which player would like it? Which other coach?

Nope, tonight is the night! Go Duke!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I fully know what you are saying, but I'd rather see him get it tonight on national TV in prime time. Plus, I don't want us to lose. That being said, Friday's game is one of the few I have the chance to attend this year; it would be cool to know I was there in Cameron when it started way back when and to be in Cameron to see the record broken. But I still would rather it happen tonight.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wow, I hadn't thought of that considering I actually have tickets to the Davidson game. I would still be upset with a loss, but I should get over it by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Wow, I hadn't thought of that considering I actually have tickets to the Davidson game. I would still be upset with a loss, but I should get over it by Friday.
    Look at it this way -- you may be at the game where he sets the new record at 904.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Look at it this way -- you may be at the game where he sets the new record at 904.
    Sounds good to me! Just being in Cameron is enough in itself.

every win from here out is a record....
    Last edited by moonpie23; 11-15-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Win #903 sets the new record. Coach Krzyzewski tied Coach Knight and the old record with win #902.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Win #903 sets the new record. Coach Krzyzewski tied Coach Knight and the old record with win #902.
    Nevermind. OPK's post flew right over my head.
    Bob Green

Excellent point! I'll be there Friday night whether it's for #903 or hopefully 904.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Nevermind. OPK's post flew right over my head.
    I was beginning to wonder just a bit about you, Bob :-)) .

Well it would be looking for the positive out of a bad situation which I always encourage, however I agree that winning on national TV is preferable, plus it avoids a loss!

There is no consolaton for a loss. Just ask my dogs. I love college basketball season, they hate it. They really hate a Duke loss almost as much as I do. So for their sake, and the sake of me not having to have my wife give me the stare of death, I hope Duke wins by a comfortable margin.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I fully know what you are saying, but I'd rather see him get it tonight on national TV in prime time. Plus, I don't want us to lose. That being said, Friday's game is one of the few I have the chance to attend this year; it would be cool to know I was there in Cameron when it started way back when and to be in Cameron to see the record broken. But I still would rather it happen tonight.
    I have to amend that. I was there to see K's first Duke game...but not there for #1. I wonder if anyone besides Coach himself will be there in attendance tonight that was there for his first Army game...and if it doesn't happen tonight, will anyone be there in Cameron? That would be a cool bookend to share stories about.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I have to think that if we lose tonight, ESPN would move the Davidson game at least from ESPNU to ESPN2. ESPN is the Okie State football game already, but that's at 8 East, so they could even move it to ESPN.

ESPNU is national TV, by the way. It's not like it's only going to be on AM 620.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I have to amend that. I was there to see K's first Duke game...but not there for #1. I wonder if anyone besides Coach himself will be there in attendance tonight that was there for his first Army game.
    Coach Knight at the least