Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Danger!

For those inclined to poke around on the darknets and torrent worlds, apparently the book has been scanned and put online already.

I didn't read the article - I don't wan to know any more than I already do (the book comes on Saturday. That's all I know)

Exiled

I've stopped reading everything beyond this board that has anything to do with Harry Potter because I do not want to know before I have the book in my hands!
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

Quote Originally Posted by JDSBlueDevl View Post
    I'm surprised that in a thread about spoilers, THIS hasn't been mentioned yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ossbPGIVikU
    Poor execution and not very funny.

Plus, it is really cruel. Being mean for the sake of getting a couple laughs is just not cool.

-Jason "the guy is a coward too" Evans

NO SPOILERS HERE...

I just wanted to say that if anyone has looked at the .pdf pictures of the "book" and you now hate yourself, or if someone has whispered spoilers in your ear and you now wish to smack them... don't despair.

I've looked at a few different sites, and have seen several different versions of the book that all look very convincing. So, you might not have actually ruined it for yourself. Even if you did peruse an authentic copy (and I understand one of the versions is the real deal), you won't know the one you read was The One until you get to the end, and that might allow you to keep some of the mystery alive until Friday night.

On a related note, if someone has caused you angst by revealing the end, take heart knowing that what they heard/read might not have been real.

Here's my fearless prediction...

I predict that Rowling will make literary history: With the assistance of the anonymous wizard who related this entire story to her, Rowling has arranged for the last page of the final book (and the last scene of the future movie) to be subject to a spell that makes it function like the Mirror of Erised, so that it will produce the ending that each individual reader has a subliminal desire to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    I predict that Rowling will make literary history: With the assistance of the anonymous wizard who related this entire story to her, Rowling has arranged for the last page of the final book (and the last scene of the future movie) to be subject to a spell that makes it function like the Mirror of Erised, so that it will produce the ending that each individual reader has a subliminal desire to see.

BRILLIANT!!!
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age