Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
Paterno admits he didn't call the police, right? That's enough for him to be fired, and if he didn't take any other action that is currently unrevealed to us, I'd like to see prosecutors try and charge him criminally.

I'm a little surprised by the tone of some of the posts here. I don't see why it matters that Penn State had less than the average number of arrests for a big time college football program. I'd rather have Butch Davis coaching Duke's football team with Jim Tressel as an assistant and Nevin Shapiro as a booster, John Calipari as Duke's basketball coach, and Jim Calhoun as the athletic director all at once before I'd have a guy who didn't report child molestation to the police.

Again, this all comes with the big "if" that there isn't more information on JoePa's actions.
We keep coming back to something that doesn't add up. It seems Paterno didn't alert authorities but is being praised by prosecutors for doing the right thing(s). The only explanations I can see are:

1. He was misled about how the situations was handled, presumably by the AD
2. Prosecutors need him as a witness and want to buttress his credibility so the are making him sound like a "good guy"
3. He did or is doing more than we know to aid in the investigation

Why else would they say he did the right thing?