General Admin seats at Xmas

I plan on taking my kids to the Western Michigan game with some general admission tickets. What's the best way to handle those? Besides getting there early, any tips?

Thanks

Brandon

Try the Ticket Exchange board on this site. (Top of the screen next to the Off-topic board.)

But if you go early, especially w/o students around at that time, you won't have any trouble getting tix.

Good luck! Have fun!

Thanks, but I meant I have the tickets, just wondering the process once inside (after arriving early). Standard GA (just find a spot)??

Thanks

Brandon

Yep, once inside just find a spot in the section where the crazies usually are. Hope you enjoy. I will be there with my grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon990 View Post
    I plan on taking my kids to the Western Michigan game with some general admission tickets. What's the best way to handle those? Besides getting there early, any tips?

Thanks

Brandon
    The folks in bleachers are generally standing the whole game. If your kids are younger, plan to get there early enough to get a close seat so the kids can see. Or expect to hold them up for long stretches.

Duke restricts the size bag you can bring in. No backpacks.

Parking can be a nuisance, so plan to get there even earlier.

-jk

Going to the Shaw game tomorrow and have the general admission seats. In order to get a good seat, what would be the recommended time for showing up for the 7:00 pm game?

Also, should we target any particular Gen Admin section for a good viewing experience (just happy to be in Cameron in the gen admin seats... but wondering if any particular section gave a better experience)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mpholt View Post
    Going to the Shaw game tomorrow and have the general admission seats. In order to get a good seat, what would be the recommended time for showing up for the 7:00 pm game?

Also, should we target any particular Gen Admin section for a good viewing experience (just happy to be in Cameron in the gen admin seats... but wondering if any particular section gave a better experience)?

Thanks!
    You have general admission STANDING, not seating. You're in the student section on the fold out benches. Even if there is no one in front of you, there is no leg room for an adult to sit comfortably, which is why the students started standing the entire game many years ago when they put those benches in (back in the late 80's). Back in the 70's, you could actually sit on them; not now. And with the students standing in front of you, you've got to stand to see the game. If you are shorter than the folks in front of you, you're SOL anyway. Get there early to get in line. They open the doors 90 minutes before game time. The line forms much earlier than that.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You have general admission STANDING, not seating. You're in the student section on the fold out benches. Even if there is no one in front of you, there is no leg room for an adult to sit comfortably, which is why the students started standing the entire game many years ago when they put those benches in (back in the late 80's). Back in the 70's, you could actually sit on them; not now. And with the students standing in front of you, you've got to stand to see the game. If you are shorter than the folks in front of you, you're SOL anyway. Get there early to get in line. They open the doors 90 minutes before game time. The line forms much earlier than that.
    Ok thanks Ozzie. Yea, worded it as sitting, but was more wondering if there was a best place to stand in the student section (I'm in 17). However, sounds there will be quite a line, so gonna just shoot for closer to the baseline and middle if I get there early enough to have a choice.

Oh to be in school still and not have to worry about work schedules.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by mpholt View Post
    Ok thanks Ozzie. Yea, worded it as sitting, but was more wondering if there was a best place to stand in the student section (I'm in 17). However, sounds there will be quite a line, so gonna just shoot for closer to the baseline and middle if I get there early enough to have a choice.

Oh to be in school still and not have to worry about work schedules.

Thanks for your help!
    Students will be allowed in first, so your choices will be limited. If the game starts at 7, then the doors to Cameron will open at either 5:30 or 6:00... I don't know what the policy is this season, but I'm guessing 5:30. If you want any chance at being on a riser close to the court on that GA end, my bet would be that you'll need to be in line by 4:30 at the latest. If you're tall enough, once they let the GA in, many people will go for the lower risers to be close to the court. However, you can probably work your way behind the Ugrads on the upper few risers. But avoid the top riser at all costs, as the upper deck hangs over that riser and makes it difficult to stand up straight.
    WWJDD?