Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

FB: Wake Forest 24, Duke 23

Of the bad streaks that Duke Football has collected over the years, the one against Wake has to be one of the most frustrating. Some of the recent losses have happened in extremely painful and unusual ways.

Here is the list of broadcast affiliates for the ACC Network this weekend:
    http://www.theacc.com/live/2011-acc-...t-at-duke.html

Check the list if you couldn't get the past Duke game on the ACC Network, because some affiliates have been added. Those include:
    Macon, Georgia
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Abilene, Texas
    San Angelo, Texas
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-22-2011 at 04:14 PM.

We are WAY overdue to win this game. GO DUKE!!!!!

FB: Wake Forest at Duke

Okay, next play. Time to focus on the Deacs. We have been overdue to win this one, with so many close games. Come on Devils, get it to 4-4!!!!

I am totally on board with you, would love to see us rebound and take out Wake after so many heartbreaking losses in years recent, but I'd much rather prefer 4-3

Let's Go DUKE! Beat Wake! Go To Hell carolina! 9F!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Would be awfully nice if we could beat Wake on Thursday night as well as Saturday afternoon.

Okay 11 years is enough. Time to beat the Deacons. No more missed field goals that cost games, or late drives for that matter. Bring the A game like they did against Tulane. Defense needs to forget about FSU and focus on stopping Tanner Price and his weapons. On offense cut down on the mistakes. Desmond Scott showed flashes of his old self and it would be nice to see Thompson get lose once or twice. And when all else fails throw the ball to Conner Vernon. If he wrote a book he should call it "Just give me the damn ball too." He is something to watch when Renfree can get him the ball.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

No excuses Devils. This is the biggest game of the year. We have to play with a fiery passion.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    No excuses Devils. This is the biggest game of the year. We have to play with a fiery passion.
    If we lose playing the way we played against Florida State, I will be upset and have valid complaints. If we lose playing the way we did against Tulane and FIU, I will acknowledge that Wake has the better team this year. This is one of the few years that I would be willing to do that; we sure as hell have had and blew our chances previously. I don't think this team will lose due to folding at the end of the game like we have seen.
    Cut says this is the best Wake team he has seen, I agree.
    "It's been a war every year. I have great respect for Jim Grobe, and I think this may be the best Wake team of the four we've played. Probably is,"
    http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/story/10271584/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Smile

I know folks are a bit down about FSU. But don't you just get the sense that this program might be one big win from turning a huge corner?!? Don't know if Wake would qualify - maybe needs to be a ranked opponent - but the best analogy I have is Duke MBB beating UNLV in '91. Yes, I realize that K's program was pretty damn good before then -more than one FF in the preceding few years - but that win escalated Duke MBB to a whole 'nother plateau. I sure would love to see us beat a VPI, Ga Tech, or nearly-ranked NC@CH soon... I think you start winning the occasional ranked opponent game and good things can cascade (recruiting, media coverage, confidence, fans, etc).

Still, just imagine the lift if we DO beat Wake this Saturday....

Go Duke!

Here is the list of broadcast affiliates for the ACC Network this weekend:
    http://www.theacc.com/live/2011-acc-...t-at-duke.html

Check the list if you couldn't get the past Duke game on the ACC Network, because some affiliates have been added. Those include:
    Macon, Georgia
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Abilene, Texas
    San Angelo, Texas

Here is a repost of the TV information from the other thread. Thanks for posting in it then starting your own thread, OPK !

goduke.com has Cut's 10/18 pre-WFU press conference

1. For richer, for poorer; for better, for worse; in sickness and in health...
    2. Duke 45, deacs 38

My older daughter gets married at 5PM Saturday and OPK wished me a good day all around and this plan just might work.
    :-))

Smile Don't worry... my son is good luck.

Don't worry... my 3 year old son and I will be there. Duke is 5-0 when he is at the game! I decided to take my daughter to her first game last weekend with the 2 of us and we all know what happened... so she is no longer allowed to come to the game! (Just Kidding... kinda) Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    2. Duke 45, deacs 38

My older daughter gets married at 5PM Saturday and OPK wished me a good day all around and this plan just might work.
    I'm pulling for your happiness. Oh, and your daughter as well. OPK

Duke Football Injury Report
    October 20, 2011
    Vs. Wake Forest

WR Brandon Braxton (head) – Probable
    S August Campbell (leg) – Probable

C Dave Harding (leg) – Questionable
    C Brian Moore (arm) – Questionable
    WR Donovan Varner (leg) – Questionable
    CB Johnny Williams (leg) – Questionable

S Lee Butler (leg) – OUT
    QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON
    DE Kenny Anunike (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

Quote Originally Posted by pbc2 View Post
    Duke Football Injury Report
    October 20, 2011
    Vs. Wake Forest

WR Brandon Braxton (head) – Probable
    S August Campbell (leg) – Probable

C Dave Harding (leg) – Questionable
    C Brian Moore (arm) – Questionable
    WR Donovan Varner (leg) – Questionable
    CB Johnny Williams (leg) – Questionable
    It's nice to see that Matt Daniels has cleared this list entirely, and that Brian Moore has moved "up" from Out to Questionable. Doesn't mean he'll play, but let's hope that both he and Harding can. We know Varner has a hammy problem and that those can be tricky - one wrong tweak and he's lost for weeks, and this is his senior season. Vibes for no wrong tweaks, Dondo! Also noting that neither Scott nor Snead is listed!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Duke-Wake Preview

I thought I'd share my Duke-Wake preview for anyone interested in reading. I know some of you read my blog and I'd love for more of you to as well. Anyway here is the link

http://dukesportsblog.com/2011/10/20...omination.aspx

And of course I've picked Duke to win 36-30 for those who just want to get to the good stuff. Anyway enjoy.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    2. Duke 45, deacs 38

Congratulations...and I hope the "something blue" she has is related to Duke football :-)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Congratulations...and I hope the "something blue" she has is related to Duke football :-)
    She's a unc grad, so it will be the wrong color.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."