Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singler Injured

Quote Originally Posted by DukieUGA View Post
    I have not heard any news about Singler's "injury", hopefully nothing more than a common rolled ankle.
    It isn't even that bad.

I'm still wondering how a broken wrist gives Nelson a chance to work on his ball-handling skills . . . When I broke my wrist, that hand was pretty much useless for 8 weeks, and my arm really withered due to inactivity.

Singler

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Back where? The court? After crutches? Whatever works I suppose.
    On another Duke board, Denniden indicated it was not an ankle but a simple toe procedure, and concurs with Mark Watzone 2 week estimate. No info on greybeard's follow upquestions.

So at least the trend is to half the recovery time on each injury, Zoubek 8 weeks, Nelson 4 weeks, Singler 2 weeks, though IIRC, Singler's happened before Nelson's.

still got one hand

Mapei:
    he only broke one wrist, so he's still got one to use. He won't be able to play games (if he's responsible) so he'll have plenty of time to practice dribbling and protecting the ball one-handed. That would hopefully improve his ball-handling skills.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    I'm still wondering how a broken wrist gives Nelson a chance to work on his ball-handling skills . . . When I broke my wrist, that hand was pretty much useless for 8 weeks, and my arm really withered due to inactivity.
    Good thing you had another one, I think is the point. Or, maybe dude was alluding to the use of imagination. Scientists have documented that areas of the brain that are associated with a particular activity grow when the activity is repeated and repeated. The growth occurs even more when the same amount of time is spent imagining the movement. Truth. Master PGA teaching professional Mike Hebron reports that empirical studies and his own observations document that more progress can me made imagining a physical movement than actually practicing it. Of course, that presupposes that one possesses an appropriate image and corresponding feel to begin with.
    Last edited by greybeard; 07-17-2007 at 12:45 PM.

Yeah, plus I was just reading on the other thread that DM's fracture wasn't also dislocated. I wasn't so lucky.

Memo to self: try to avoid those painted lines in the road when it's wet and you're going fast or, better yet, slow down and let the guy in front of you go . . .