• Voldemort Dies - Harry Lives

18 54.55%
  • Harry and Voldemort Both Die

6 18.18%
  • Ron Dies

3 9.09%
  • Hermione Dies

6 18.18%
  • Snape Proves to Be Good (i.e. Dumbledore was right)

28 84.85%
  • Snape Proves to Be Bad

0 0%
  • Snape Dies

14 42.42%
  • Hagrid Dies

8 24.24%
  • More than One of the Order Dies (Lupin, Tonks, etc)

18 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Harry Potter Poll

So the big question is what will happen in Deathly Hallows. Vote here...

2. I vote yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiablo View Post
    I vote yes.
    I vote "strongly disagree"

4. Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I vote "strongly disagree"
    Oh, wait. There's an actual poll up now. I might have to reconsider my answer.

Snape is good and he dies because of it.

Interesting

So we are all in pretty much full agreement that Snape is not a "bad guy." Though what that means is pretty unclear. I don't think he's a great guy for sure, but I do believe that he killed Dumbledore on his order (no way does Albus beg for his life, from anyone), and I think that Snape will be instrumental in saving Harry's life, and vanquishing Voldemort.

Most of us also believe that Snape will die in this one.

The majority feels like Voldemort dies and Potter lives, and very few feel like Ron or Hermione will fall. It looks like the Order is in big trouble, however, at least to this board.

Personally, I think Harry dies killing Voldemort, but I could equally see an ending that shows Harry in the future years as he starts to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, at Hogwarts.

Five days...

Wow. Harry dying would be devastating. I hope it doesn't end that way. I can see Malfoy being the character who dies.

I voted that we will find out that Snape is good afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Personally, I think Harry dies killing Voldemort, but I could equally see an ending that shows Harry in the future years as he starts to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, at Hogwarts.

Five days...
    Funny you mention that Udaman. I vacillate daily on whether or not Harry dies but I have managed to convince myself that Draco Malfoy will survive and become the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at the books conclusion. I have no real reason for this other than a "gut" feeling but as long as we're throwing out random predictions, there is one of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukerati View Post
    Funny you mention that Udaman. I vacillate daily on whether or not Harry dies but I have managed to convince myself that Draco Malfoy will survive and become the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at the books conclusion. I have no real reason for this other than a "gut" feeling but as long as we're throwing out random predictions, there is one of mine...
    I may be totally thinking with my heart, but I think (hope?) that Draco isn't as bad as we are so far being led to believe. He hasn't shown me that he's courageous enough to do what is asked of a Death Eater. He'll prove to be good/switch sides in the end and probably be killed for it.

I'm probably totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsgirl4 View Post
    I may be totally thinking with my heart, but I think (hope?) that Draco isn't as bad as we are so far being led to believe. He hasn't shown me that he's courageous enough to do what is asked of a Death Eater. He'll prove to be good/switch sides in the end and probably be killed for it.

I'm probably totally wrong.
    Here's an idea that just occured to me...

Draco cannot do what he must as a Death Eater and decides he wants to be good. Perhaps Hermione saves him at some point proving that "mudbloods" are not worthless. Anyway, we get a confrontation, late in the book, with Draco and Harry on one side and Draco's mom and some other Death Eater on the other side. The two Death eaters are the last line of defense keeping Harry from confronting the Dark Lord and possibly killing him. The Death Eaters have the younger good guys dead to rights and are about to finish them off. Then, just like Harry's mom did, Draco's mom gives her own life to spare her son and this allows Harry to get to his final confrontation with Voldy.

That could be a good role for the Malfoy family in the book.

What do ya'll think?

-Jason "as an aside, I promissed my kids we would read it together-- I can't read it without them first and then read it to them. That would be cheating" Evans

Excellent Jason!! Interesting if Hermione were to save Draco causing him to change his mind about "mudbloods." And, I love the twist of Narscissa protecting Draco like Lily protected Harry. You should write...ever consider it?