Wheat Fishing Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    My apologies too, we did get a little sidetracked.
    My suggestion for intermission on this thread, until there is real recruiting news, is to have Wheat tell us about fishing in Florida, of which he is an expert, and to have us ask questions. Maybe someday we'll have a DBR fishing derby down there.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    My suggestion for intermission on this thread, until there is real recruiting news, is to have Wheat tell us about fishing in Florida, of which he is an expert, and to have us ask questions. Maybe someday we'll have a DBR fishing derby down there.

sagegrouse
    Trying to get me in more trouble ?

Would love to host a DBR Tarpon or Redfish Tourney...have the perfect Inn here on the island...start a thread on the off topic board, I'm in...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    Trying to get me in more trouble ?

Would love to host a DBR Tarpon or Redfish Tourney...have the perfect Inn here on the island...start a thread on the off topic board, I'm in...
    I'm not sure we should head down to Boca for a fishing excursion with Wheat. He has personally guaranteed me a "special DBR" rate that, IIRC, is 2-3 times his standard rate. Plus, he did not promise that as Duke fans we would return alive.

Now, how 'bout that Matt Jones kid?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm not sure we should head down to Boca for a fishing excursion with Wheat. He has personally guaranteed me a "special DBR" rate that, IIRC, is 2-3 times his standard rate. Plus, he did not promise that as Duke fans we would return alive.

Now, how 'bout that Matt Jones kid?
    And did you know that The Gasparilla Inn and Club is operated by the same group that runs The Hotel California?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    And did you know that The Gasparilla Inn and Club is operated by the same group that runs The Hotel California?
    Such a lovely place.

Now, that Jones kid does look pretty impressive.

I'm not sure we should head down to Boca for a fishing excursion with Wheat. He has personally guaranteed me a "special DBR" rate that, IIRC, is 2-3 times his standard rate. Plus, he did not promise that as Duke fans we would return alive. ...
    DBR regulars also get to row the entire trip!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    DBR regulars also get to row the entire trip!
    Makes it even more enticing. That along with being threatened to be used as bait. (jk)

Makes it even more enticing. That along with being threatened to be used as bait. (jk)
    Doc, I was just going to encourage you to take a relaxing swim when you come down....

Doc, I was just going to encourage you to take a relaxing swim when you come down....
    Reminds me of the joke that concludes with: "Well, you may be an expert in waterskiing, but you don't know squat about baitin' 'gators!"

Just out of curiosity, what in the world did the guy in the video think he was going to do with that little net? Haul in one of the 2 bullsharks, or save the 140# tarpon?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Wheat Fishing Stories

Saving the 2013 Thread by creating this one and moving all the fishing posts into this thread.

Can we move this to the off topic board? I'll make a better target for whatever over there and spare the people coming to the main board for hoops info

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Saving the 2013 Thread by creating this one and moving all the fishing posts into this thread.
    Can we move this to the off topic board? I'll make a better target for whatever over there and spare the people coming to the main board for hoops info
    Yea, we all know Wheat deserves his own fishing thread () but it probably ought to be on the OTB.

I still kinda like the video of that Matt Jones kid from the 2013 recruiting thread.

24.gif

I know I've got to do a better job staying on topic over on the hoops board...I'm easily distracted when some lead me astray...

Anything anybody wants to fire away at for the resident UNC whipping boy, use this thread, I'm ready

I know I've got to do a better job staying on topic over on the hoops board...I'm easily distracted when some lead me astray...

Anything anybody wants to fire away at for the resident UNC whipping boy, use this thread, I'm ready
    Well, after that video of the 2 sharks attacking the 140# tarpon, I'm not sure I want any part of your fishing adventures.

Wheat - do you know Steve Huff?

You might have seen this article already. It's about a great guide in Florida, Steve Huff. Bucket list!