Baltimore Sun Article - Steve Blake

I know that Blake was not a favorite on this board when he played at Maryland but I thought that some might be interested in reading the Sun article from yesterday.

As one who appreciated him as a player for the Terps, I didn't think that he would be drafted much less play in the NBA. He is now entering his fifth year and recently signed a contract with Portland. My oldest son took me to a Nuggets game last winter and Blake had 10-12 assists although Iverson controlled the ball on most possessions. As the Sun article points out, he has been underated since high school and being able to dribble, pass and shoot at a high level and having a good understanding of the game will sometimes let you play in the 24-second league even if you have no one-on-one skills.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...l_tab01_layout

gw67

Nice article, GW67.

Good to see a guy make the most of his limited talent, by NBA standards, with exceptional dedication.

If Blake's dad wont fly, guess he only sees Steve when they play in Southeast. Long hike from Maimi to Portland.

As teammates, Blake and McRoberts may have some friendly banter when Terps play Duke.
    Last edited by ACCBBallFan; 08-13-2007 at 10:42 AM.

I didn't like Blake, especially - but I thought he was vastly underrated as a player at MD.

My most humiliating moment as a Duke fan was being in a sports bar full of Terps fans when Blake stole the ball from a sleepwalking Jason Williams and ran for a dunk just before halftime.