need help from some civil engineers/ broadband techie peeps

I just recently relocated my studio to capital blvd @ wade avenue in raleigh. imagine my dismay when i found out that the ONLY (apparently) internet i could get was the horrible standard 6/.4 old style dsl from AT&T.

My new studio is located right in the little nook of the wade ave west exit off of capital blvd. It used to be west street a long time ago, but when wade became the main artery that it did, they severed it, and all the businesses along that little path to Fairview became "capital blvd". The back of my building is right at the rail road tracks.

anyway, when i finally got a real person on the phone at Time warner cable, they said that they could not run a cable to me because of the RR proximity.

my plea is, does ANYONE have any information about how to get around this, or does anyone know of some other kind of internet company capable of delivering DECENT broadband to me there?

they told me that it would cost over 20k just to get the permits for the cable...

it was bad enough i hated TWC while i was a customer, but i think i hate them MORE cause i CAN'T be their customer...

this is messed up...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

ouch

Sorry to hear about the problems. Brings to mind the old high school football adage:

P-P-P-P-P-P!!

Sounds like you should be looking for a new place to live where "infrastructure" doesn't get in the way of your infrastructure.

As to your issue, I know that there is a collection of Webbies down in your area that operate out of one of the warehouses.

Maybe you could sit off their T1 / T3 (I don't know which one they have).

I don't know how to find the whole collective, but you can start with the web hosting group called Project Mastermind.

C

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I just recently relocated my studio to capital blvd @ wade avenue in raleigh. imagine my dismay when i found out that the ONLY (apparently) internet i could get was the horrible standard 6/.4 old style dsl from AT&T.
    6Mbps DSL is actually pretty decent if that's what you're saying. The .4 up does suck however.

Since DSL is supported, you might be able to find a reseller like Covad or some other CLEC. (I used to work in Verizon's wholesale business back in the day.) Other than that, you might try escalating the issue with TWC. I recommend avoiding the CSRs who are just looking for a sale, and finding a different way to get in touch with the right people in the company. That's half the battle (other half = knowing).

Try their Twitter feed, or maybe check Consumerist to see if there's an executive escalation email address or hotline.

Good luck.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

also

Also, you could just get a 4G LTE mifi from Verizon Wireless if you have good coverage in that location.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5633
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR