Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jobs Bio

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    I have heard that on TV several times. Some people are so smart in their field, but have NO common sense when it comes to everyday decisions. Obviously, Jobs should have been treated for the cancer earlier and had the surgery long before he did.

The book comes out on Monday, Oct 24. Jobs stated he wrote the book, so his children will know him. Its sad to say that. When Jobs turned his back on his pregnant girlfriend (High school sweetheart) and denied his first born daughter, Lisa; that will always stand out to me. Baby Mama on welfare and medicaid and Jobs was basking in his Millions. You cant take your money with you.

"Crazy" for not seeking treatment, is actually saying it kind. Why wouldn't a multi billionaire high tech CEO, want to live for years to come and see all the fruits of their labor. And also, to see your children grow up, graduate, get married and have grandchildren.

I do want to read the book. Did JObs do the book on audio? Anyone know? My prayers do go out for his children, wife and former girlfriend; family, friends and coworkers.
    The Jobs bio is by Walter Isaacson, the author of well-regarded biographies of Einstein and Franklin, and former editor of Time and CEO of CNN.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    "Crazy" for not seeking treatment, is actually saying it kind. Why wouldn't a multi billionaire high tech CEO, want to live for years to come and see all the fruits of their labor. And also, to see your children grow up, graduate, get married and have grandchildren.
    I agree with Grove that it was crazy not to choose a proven conventional treatment right away over an unproven diet or other form of CAM (for which there was really no reason or sound evidence to suppose it would work). But I suspect Jobs thought that he could always resort to conventional treatment should diet & CAM not work. He may not have realized that choosing to delay conventional treatment could prove fatal. I think he really wanted to believe that CAM would be effective; he fooled himself.

I'm sure he did want to live a lot longer and see his kids grow up; this is evidenced by the aggressive conventional steps he took once he realized alt-med was doing nothing - or worse than nothing, because the delay allowed the cancer to spread. But by then it turned out to be too late. Jobs is one of many famous people for whom the question "what's the harm?" did not conjure the response, "a delay in seeking scientifically proven treatment could be seriously harmful or fatal."

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The Jobs bio is by Walter Isaacson, the author of well-regarded biographies of Einstein and Franklin, and former editor of Time and CEO of CNN.

sagegrouse
    There was an interesting interview with Isaacson on NPR this week. I only caught one section of it on my drive home. It was about his parents and sibling. Very interesting and could help explain (not excuse) some of the familial decisions later in life.