New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Duke vs Kentucky: True Blue 'Cue Crew and our first competition

If anyone is near Rocky Mount this weekend, our BBQ team will be experiencing our first cookoff in the Eastern Carolina BBQ Throwdown. This is a KCBS certified competition, if any of you are familiar with the show "BBQ Pitmasters" you will be familiar with the way it works. We've been doing our practice runs at the last 3 tailgates on Devil's Alley and have gotten rave reviews. I don't think we will place or walk away with money, but we'll have fun. My goal? Don't come in last.

Anyways, if you are close by, there will be lots of activities going on Saturday which is the day of the judging.
    http://www.bbqthrowdown.net/

TBCC.jpg
    http://truebluecuecrew.com/
    Last edited by Newton_14; 10-06-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Good Luck at the Cook Off. I wish I could attend.

I love the website - especially the portions NOT under construction...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Good Luck at the Cook Off. I wish I could attend.

I love the website - especially the portions NOT under construction...lol
    Yea, with all that construction, I hope y'all have a cooking, err, building permit.

Best of luck to you this weekend. We'll be OOT or we'd love to visit.

Cool They take home the BRONZE!

Congratulations to TB'CC on winning third place in the pork competition! WooHoo! And to DukePA for pacing 19th overall in the desert competition!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Hey, isn't this supposed to be on the EK Board? I'm just saying.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Congratulations! A few years ago that trophy would have been banned for being sexually suggestive.

Looking forward to seeing the trophy on Saturday and eating (more of) that award-winning food!

Whoa... I knew there was argument over BBQ here, but I had no idea there were some BBQ experts. Man oh man I am SOOO jealous! Dated a girl for a bunch of years whose family was from KC and whose dad owned something like three smokers... such good eating. The wife unfortunately doesn't really eat much meat, which has reduced me to a poulty-eating non-man... I cannot tell you how jealous I am. Awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Whoa... I knew there was argument over BBQ here, but I had no idea there were some BBQ experts. Man oh man I am SOOO jealous! Dated a girl for a bunch of years whose family was from KC and whose dad owned something like three smokers... such good eating. The wife unfortunately doesn't really eat much meat, which has reduced me to a poulty-eating non-man... I cannot tell you how jealous I am. Awesome stuff!
    Stand up for yourself, big fella. What would your character do?

The thing is I do all the cooking... So it just isn't worth it to cook one meal for her and one for me... Plus, she is out of work because of the baby, so we are down to a single paycheck, which makes the idea of buying a smoker and the meat to go with it a bit difficult to sell. Much to my chagrin, I assure you.

Btw, what did you mean my character?

The thing is I do all the cooking... So it just isn't worth it to cook one meal for her and one for me... Plus, she is out of work because of the baby, so we are down to a single paycheck, which makes the idea of buying a smoker and the meat to go with it a bit difficult to sell. Much to my chagrin, I assure you.

Two words:

1. leftovers
    2. freezer

(BTW, IDK what he meant by your character. I was just answering the food/cooking dilemma.)

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Congratulations to TB'CC on winning third place in the pork competition! WooHoo! And to DukePA for pacing 19th overall in the desert competition!
    Congratulations to CB&B, TNT Devil, DukePA and Ronnie on winning third place.
    Bob Green

PLEASE excuse my typo yesterday, DukePA placed tenth (10th), NOT 19th in the desert category! I see I left the " L " out of "placed" too. Dang netbook keyboard.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Way to go guys! Based on the quality of food at tailgates, this is not surprising at all!

Great job!!

PLEASE excuse my typo yesterday, DukePA placed tenth (10th), NOT 19th in the desert category! I see I left the " L " out of "placed" too. Dang netbook keyboard.
    Pacing? And I thought you were out soliciting business for me this weekend.

BTW, congrats to the Crew for their 3rd place finish! Any leftovers? Will you be having an encore performance this weekend at the f$u game?

38.gif

Remember, the best cuts of meat to smoke are usually the cheapest! The cost of an inexpensive smoker will be repaid in no time as you get more of your protein from inexpensive smoked meats!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Pacing? And I thought you were out soliciting business for me this weekend.

BTW, congrats to the Crew for their 3rd place finish! Any leftovers? Will you be having an encore performance this weekend at the f$u game?

38.gif
    TNTDevil and I are discussing the menu as we speak..but I don't think it will be 'cue...we are overdosed on it..lol. But our trophy will be there.