I recall there being some Fringe fans around here. Just wanted to say that I thought the season 4 opener was one of the worst episodes in the history of the series. It was a dull "Monster" story. Peter is gone and we saw little about his story other than the fact that The Observers want the last traces of him erased. We got no clue as to why he has to be erased or anything like that. I think I hate the whiney Lincoln Lee from "our side."

There is so much unexplained about what is currently going on. For example, why is there even a conflict between our side and their side? All the history of the conflict between the two universes came from stuff related to Peter. So, now that Peter has been erased, why is there any conflict?

I read that ratings for the season premiere were not strong. This is going to be Fringe's last season, I suspect. After this year, they will have enough episodes to go into syndication (likely on Sci Fi) and there will be less incentive to hang on another year after that benchmark has been achieved. So, I suspect this is it for the show -- barring some turnaround in the ratings, which is almost impossible for a serialized program like this because new viewers have no idea what is going on with the plot. I hope they can get things back on track and finish strong.

Sigh.

-Jason "the ratings may be lousy enough so the producers will know the show is dying... which may give them 4 or 5 episodes at the end to wrap things up" Evans