I consider myself a pretty average dude. I love sports, hate chick flicks, but will indulge my girlfirend when she asks. Sons of Anarchy is my favorite TV show right now, etc.

So, the 25th anniversary of Les Miserables (the musical) was on PBS tonight. Likely a repeat, but whatever. My parents introduced me to it right when it came out in 1986-ish, when I was 10 or so, and for whatever reason I liked it. Much better than that Cats BS they were listening to a few years before in 1983. Memories, indeed. But man, if Les Miz doesn't get to me every time I watch it - and when it's in town, or on PBS, I go see it/watch it. I love it. I tried to explain to my girlfriend of a year why the room got dusty multiple times during the show tonight, and she didn't get it. Frankly, I don't either, other than it's some weak spot I can't explain. It might as well be Brian's Song or the end of Dirty Dozen. But it's a musical, which is a genre I typically despise. I am a moderately cynical person who laughed at the end of My Girl on my first date and hates Forrest Gump on multiple levels. I thought ET was weak and schmaltzy at age 6 and remember telling my Dad -- "Why is everyone so upset with the government? He made the kid sick!" But Les Miz. Man it's awesome.

Anyone else have a similar weak spot?