New gig for Chris Carrawell

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...s_springfield/

Sorry, but the auto-censor is objecting to the URL. Anyway, he's going to be an assistant on the Nets' developmental league team. Best of luck to him.
    Last edited by -jk; 09-20-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: fix link

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...s_springfield/

Sorry, but the auto-censor is objecting to the URL. Anyway, he's going to be an assistant on the Nets' developmental league team. Best of luck to him.
    Carrawell is my all time favorite Blue Devil. I was thrilled to see him come back to Duke, and am sad to see him go but seems like a great opportunity.
    All the Best to Cwell!

-g

Senior year

What a senior year Chris had..Will always be one of my favorite Duke teams. All summer after the mass exodus of players all I heard was how bad we were going to be.Love that team.

Hm. Well, good for him, but CWell better be back on the bench a LOT sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Carrawell is my all time favorite Blue Devil. I was thrilled to see him come back to Duke, and am sad to see him go but seems like a great opportunity.
    All the Best to Cwell!

-g
    Yes! I agree. One of my favorite, if not numero uno, Duke players of all time. A working class hero who didn't fit the traditional or expected Duke mold. I loved his attitude: "I'm takining it to the hole, try and stop me," I'll always remember when he was pressed into service, mano a mano, against Tim Duncun. He didn't stop him but he made Duncan labor, and Duke prevailed. We could use a few more like him. Think Jabari Parker.

At the HOF banquet, Chris told me he was really excited about this new opportunity to coach in the pros. Billy King helped set it up for him.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Congratulations Chris

Thanks for all that you have done for Duke Chris and we wish you the best in your new position.

Come back and visit Cameron as often as you can as you will always be a part of Duke Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    At the HOF banquet, Chris told me he was really excited about this new opportunity to coach in the pros. Billy King helped set it up for him.
    Ozzie, I remembered you told us a couple of weeks ago about CWell taking a job with the D-League. That should be a great opportunity for Chris. I appreciate seeing him back at Duke and all of his contributions to the team, and being a part of the 2010 National Championship team/staff.

I will miss him as a speaker at the Blue Devil Club. The CWell / Nate James duo was always informative and humorous. The best on his new job!