K Will Snyderwine (foot) – Questionable

QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

C Brian Moore (arm) – OUT

RB Desmond Scott (leg) – OUT

RB Josh Snead (foot) – OUT

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Tch. Any word on the injury report from BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Tch. Any word on the injury report from BC?

Haven't seen the injury report. But this could have implication.

"Rogers Takes Leave of Absence for Health Reasons
    Tight ends coach Dave Brock named acting offensive coordinator

Sept. 12, 2011

Boston College Football Coach Frank Spaziani announced today that offensive coordinator Kevin Rogers has asked to take a leave of absence for health reasons, effective immediately. Tight ends coach Dave Brock has been named acting offensive coordinator and will coach the quarterbacks. Graduate assistant Ben Johnson will be elevated to tight ends coach on an interim basis.

"Our football program operates as a family unit, and we are totally supportive of Kevin," Spaziani said. "I would like to ask our fans and followers to support Kevin and respect his privacy. I have the utmost confidence in Dave Brock, and we will begin the transition immediately." "

Haven't seen the injury report. But this could have implication.

"Rogers Takes Leave of Absence for Health Reasons
    Tight ends coach Dave Brock named acting offensive coordinator

Sept. 12, 2011

Boston College Football Coach Frank Spaziani announced today that offensive coordinator Kevin Rogers has asked to take a leave of absence for health reasons, effective immediately. Tight ends coach Dave Brock has been named acting offensive coordinator and will coach the quarterbacks. Graduate assistant Ben Johnson will be elevated to tight ends coach on an interim basis.

"Our football program operates as a family unit, and we are totally supportive of Kevin," Spaziani said. "I would like to ask our fans and followers to support Kevin and respect his privacy. I have the utmost confidence in Dave Brock, and we will begin the transition immediately." "
    Unfortunately, a coaching change at Richmond didn't help.

We've got plenty of good and healthy ballplayers to take this game. It is a matter of execution.

Any word on how Brian is progressing? Would love to get our starting center back and slide Harding back over.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Any word on how Brian is progressing? Would love to get our starting center back and slide Harding back over.
    I'm not entirely sure Duke wouldn't just keep Harding at center and slot Moore back in at guard. Remember, Bryan Morgan was Duke's starting center last season. Harding now has much more actual game experience at center than does Moore and that gap widens everytime Harding takes game snaps at center, while Moore sits out.

BC Injuries:

“Left guard Nathan Richman (back), linebacker Steele DiVitto (leg), defensive end Max Holloway (back) and defensive tackle Dominic Appiah are probable for Saturday’s game against Duke; center Mark Spinney (knee), running back Montel Harris (knee) and defensive tackle Kaleb Ramsey (foot) are doubtful; defensive end Connor Wujciak (shoulder) is out….

Depth Chart: http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/9...-for-duke-game

RB Injuries

September 15, 2011

At Boston College

S Jordon Byas (foot) – Probable

K Will Snyderwine (foot) – Questionable

QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

C Brian Moore (arm) – OUT

Does anyone know the specific injuries Scott and Snead are dealing with? Are they season ending?

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    Does anyone know the specific injuries Scott and Snead are dealing with? Are they season ending?
    Neither are believed to be.

They are both leg injuries.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Neither are believed to be.

They are both leg injuries.
    Not to question the guru, so I will tread careful, but I thought Snead had a foot injury? Desmond's is a sprained MCL according to the reports after the Richmond game, so definite knee issue with him. Hopefully we will get him back soon.

Am I wrong on Snead?

On another note, even though Will hurt his ankle on the onside kick Saturday, I read today where he has actually been hurt since the pre-season and was battling through it until the ankle injury. So, we need to cut him some slack on the FG misses in the first two games. I hope we can get him back to good health soon. We need his kicking badly. The last FG attempt he had against Stanford, actually was a good kick that just missed. Rotation of the ball looked great and from my seat, I actually thought he had made it. Easily the best looking kick of the 4 attempts this year.

Would love to see us get Moore, Josh, and Desmond back soon as well. Desmond looked really good in the Richmond game prior to the injury, and I was really anxious to see the Soph version of Josh Snead. If we can get all of those guys healthy including Moore, it will do wonders for the running game, and likely help pass protection as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Not to question the guru, so I will tread careful, but I thought Snead had a foot injury? Desmond's is a sprained MCL according to the reports after the Richmond game, so definite knee issue with him. Hopefully we will get him back soon.

Am I wrong on Snead?
    I heard, third hand after asking many people, that Snead does indeed have a foot injury, more specifically a TOE injury. Yes, somewhat similar to Kyrie's turf toe, but hopefully not as severe. I have no idea when he is projected to be back. I will be opTOEmistic about his return this season
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I heard, third hand after asking many people, that Snead does indeed have a foot injury, more specifically a TOE injury. Yes, somewhat similar to Kyrie's turf toe, but hopefully not as severe. I have no idea when he is projected to be back. I will be opTOEmistic about his return this season
    Thanks Oz. I am not crazy then. (Well maybe I still am) I was pretty sure it was reported originally as a foot injury and not a knee. I assume Mr Sumner can confirm one way or another for us.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 09-15-2011 at 09:49 PM.

I hope you are not toetally off base with this. (Oh, no, not this again)
    Do we need a Josh Snead Toe Vigil Thread?

It seems like we always have OL problems. Maybe the least the one year in the last 20 when Chris Douglas went off was good. Why is we can get a hot LB, a hot DL, some nice guys at skill positions, but we can never seem to get a really stable OL? Or am I off base here?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    It seems like we always have OL problems. Maybe the least the one year in the last 20 when Chris Douglas went off was good. Why is we can get a hot LB, a hot DL, some nice guys at skill positions, but we can never seem to get a really stable OL? Or am I off base here?
    This year was supposed to be improved until Moore broke his arm and Harding moved to C. See Jim Sumner's post above. Tomlinson is supposed to be a stud and my impression is that this year we are bigger/faster/stronger/older than in Cut's first 3 years. I'll certainly defer any further/deeper comments to Jim, OF, pbc2 and Watzone on this topic as they are far more edjumacated than I am about our roster, depth charts and experience .

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This year was supposed to be improved until Moore broke his arm and Harding moved to C. See Jim Sumner's post above. Tomlinson is supposed to be a stud and my impression is that this year we are bigger/faster/stronger/older than in Cut's first 3 years. I'll certainly defer any further/deeper comments to Jim, OF, pbc2 and Watzone on this topic as they are far more edjumacated than I am about our roster, depth charts and experience .
    The offensive line is solid as Coach Cutcliffe has had success recruiting quality offensive linemen. This season's starting five includes one senior (Kyle Hill) and four guys who will be back next year: Dave Harding (RSo), Perry Simmons (RSo), John Coleman (RSo) and Laken Tomlinson (RFr). Plus, Brian Moore (RJr) will be available once his arm heals so we will have him back later this year and next year as well. Redshirt freshman Takoby Cofield is also playing downs and gaining experience this season.

Additionally, there are several quality true freshmen offensive linemen on the roster who will redshirt including: Lucas Patrick, Matt Skura, Marcus Aprahamien, Carson Ginn and Cody Robinson. I'd say the future of the offensive line is very stable. Alongside wide receiver, the offensive line is our deepest position.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The offensive line is solid as Coach Cutcliffe has had success recruiting quality offensive linemen. This season's starting five includes one senior (Kyle Hill) and four guys who will be back next year: Dave Harding (RSo), Perry Simmons (RSo), John Coleman (RSo) and Laken Tomlinson (RFr). Plus, Brian Moore (RJr) will be available once his arm heals so we will have him back later this year and next year as well. Redshirt freshman Takoby Cofield is also playing downs and gaining experience this season.

Additionally, there are several quality true freshmen offensive linemen on the roster who will redshirt including: Lucas Patrick, Matt Skura, Marcus Aprahamien, Carson Ginn and Cody Robinson. I'd say the future of the offensive line is very stable. Alongside wide receiver, the offensive line is our deepest position.
    I am also very happy to defer to Bob Green as he so thoroughly enlightened/edjumacated us above. Thanks, Bob.

o-line

I agree -- this offensive line is the best we've had in years -- even without Moore -- and is only going to get better over the next couple of years.

As for Moore, I keep thinking he'll come back at guard. Keep in mind that he broke his right arm -- that's the one that snaps the ball. I've seen OL guys play with soft casts (usually to protect broken wrists), but I would guess that would hinder a center snapping the bal. Moore has started at OG for two years -- bring him back there and leave Harding in the middle.

Of all the injuries, the biggest probhlem is having both Snead and Scott out. They are two-thirds of our quality running backs. After those three, there's a big dropoff -- Hollingsworth is a smart, experienced back with decent receiving skills and is a good pass protector, but he's not an ACC quality runner.

With Snead and Scott out, we're down to Thompson as a real running back -- and we can't run him into the ground.

It's not a huge problem because the offense is actually built around the passing game, but it would be nice to get one more running back back so Cut could alternate his ball-carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post

Am I wrong on Snead?
    You all are right, my apologies! Go Duke, #BeatBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I agree -- this offensive line is the best we've had in years -- even without Moore -- and is only going to get better over the next couple of years.

As for Moore, I keep thinking he'll come back at guard. Keep in mind that he broke his right arm -- that's the one that snaps the ball. I've seen OL guys play with soft casts (usually to protect broken wrists), but I would guess that would hinder a center snapping the bal. Moore has started at OG for two years -- bring him back there and leave Harding in the middle.

Of all the injuries, the biggest probhlem is having both Snead and Scott out. They are two-thirds of our quality running backs. After those three, there's a big dropoff -- Hollingsworth is a smart, experienced back with decent receiving skills and is a good pass protector, but he's not an ACC quality runner.

With Snead and Scott out, we're down to Thompson as a real running back -- and we can't run him into the ground.

It's not a huge problem because the offense is actually built around the passing game, but it would be nice to get one more running back back so Cut could alternate his ball-carriers.
    Yes, OL seems in great shape for depth relative to years past. That is a big part of my optimism for the next few years under Cut. But aren't we recruiting a "power back" this year to run behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Thanks Bob. (Go Navy, 2-0!)
    But,at a high level, where are we deep and not-so-deep?
    My sense is we are solid from good recruiting at OL, QB, WR, TE, but could use a stud RB. On D we have depth at deep-backs/Safety. On D, we are in need of serious DL depth, and also LB's. Sound fair, or can you correct?