Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    D up!

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    Thatvwasn't the signal the ref gave. He did the ineligible receiver signaln
    That's because it WAS an ineligible receiver. It just wasn't an ineligible man downfield (which would be a lineman). When you step out of bounds, you become an ineligible player until the ball is touched by someone else.

Ugh I do not feel good about this.

Right call. Little high on the throw.

Go DEFENSE!

It's not pass interference if it's overthrown by 10 yards, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    He lassoed him around the side of the neck. A horse collar is pulling straight down on the back of the pads. It looked rough, but it wasn't a horse collar.
    Ok, I know you're right but it looked awfully similar to a horse collar that WAS called in last night's Uconn-Iowa St. game

Ok, this is HUGE. Watch for the fake punt and let's make sure we handle the return. Come on, boys, it's winnin' time!!!

Defense again! Time to kill some clock.

Regardless of outcome, game ball to the entire D

Three first downs ought to do it. Let's go, Duke!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Ok, I know you're right but it looked awfully similar to a horse collar that WAS called in last night's Uconn-Iowa St. game
    Yeah, it was very close. Just slightly lateral and around the neck enough to be legal.

I lost my TV feed to Florida - Tennessee. Will someone keep updating the game, please.

Ga Tech and Clemson did their part holding up the ACC's honor, both impressive after rough starts. Maryland staged a comeback but wunderkind O'Brien chucked one too many interceptions for the to pull off the victory. The big game still to come. Hopefully FSU can help to make the ACC relevant in the national picture (at least until the mighty Blue Devils dash their national title hopes)!

HUGE first down!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That's because it WAS an ineligible receiver. It just wasn't an ineligible man downfield (which would be a lineman). When you step out of bounds, you become an ineligible player until the ball is touched by someone else.
    He did pat of head. Illegal touching (what you are describing) is a different signal (One hand held up to shoulder, fingertips touching the shoulder)

One more first down might just do it. 2nd and 7 here with 2:46 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I lost my TV feed to Florida - Tennessee. Will someone keep updating the game, please.
    Duke has the ball, 2:46 to play. 2nd and about 8. BC just took a TO but we're running the ball and trying to milk the clock.

Great job grinding out the running game, burning time off the clock.

We need to get this first down.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    He did pat of head. Illegal touching (what you are describing) is a different signal (One hand held up to shoulder, fingertips touching the shoulder)
    Then he made the wrong signal. The official in the back of the end zone took off his hat during the play, signifying that Vernon had stepped out of bounds. And the official described it as the receiver stepping out of bounds.

I think the announcers LOVE them some Steel Devitto! He's never just "Devitto". I have to admit, "Steel" is pretty bada**

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Duke has the ball, 2:46 to play. 2nd and about 8. BC just took a TO but we're running the ball and trying to milk the clock.
    Thanks. I have tuned into Bob Harris on line. 2:40 and 3 & 5