Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    How about the Bears and Papa Bear's favorite, Duke's own George McAfee? I'd like him to run for us on Saturday.

How about some of Duke's own fullbacks? Mike Curtis knew how to move the pile and supported excellent halfbacks such as Mark Leggett, Billy Futrell and Jay Wilkinson. In the same sense Curtis was a FB, really a power back, Steve Jones and Randy Cuthbert were also power backs, whether they lined up as tailbacks or fullbacks.

This is just a sample of really good power runners that have worn the uniform.

I am certain that if Cutcliffe had that kind of talent available, he'd find a way to use it. Those guys made their own holes and a single setback formation would have worked just fine for them.

Tielor Robinson of recent vintage was a load. And Alex Wade should always be remembered, not only for his play, but for his mom's great poster board sign ("TMB" -- That's My Boy).

The loss to Duke has landed Boston College in ESPN's Bottom 10

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...lose-bottom-10

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I must agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    How about some of Duke's own fullbacks? Mike Curtis knew how to move the pile and supported excellent halfbacks such as Mark Leggett, Billy Futrell and Jay Wilkinson. In the same sense Curtis was a FB, really a power back, Steve Jones and Randy Cuthbert were also power backs, whether they lined up as tailbacks or fullbacks.

This is just a sample of really good power runners that have worn the uniform.

I am certain that if Cutcliffe had that kind of talent available, he'd find a way to use it. Those guys made their own holes and a single setback formation would have worked just fine for them.
    I'm sure I'm missing something here but...I've never had a problem with the single back idea. We've had some great backs with good skills and speed over the years. Yet we continue to run our small speedy backs straight up the middle. If you wanna run up the middle recruit a fullback. If you wanna recruit tailbacks then give them some room to run. I about crapped myself when we ran a sweep play against BC. It was poorly executed, but it was still nice to see!

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post

Schlabach is such a twit.

Not only...

Not only did it land BC on the bottom 10, but Ole Miss is on there as well. If Duke wasn't listed on the waiting list it would be a perfect reversal of roles for Cutcliffe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    I'm sure I'm missing something here but...I've never had a problem with the single back idea. We've had some great backs with good skills and speed over the years. Yet we continue to run our small speedy backs straight up the middle. If you wanna run up the middle recruit a fullback. If you wanna recruit tailbacks then give them some room to run. I about crapped myself when we ran a sweep play against BC. It was poorly executed, but it was still nice to see!
    I don't disagree with the premise. But Duke uses short passes to the RBs to accomplish the same thing. Duke successfully utilized a ball-control passing game against BC. Controlled the clock and moved the chains.

Now, if they can just add scoring points to the formula, everything will be cool.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

ECU gets an honorable mention right behind Duke...a day after they apply to the Big East.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."