Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    I sure hope vernon's knee doesn't stiffen up at halftime.
    Dont even think it! Run Connor Run! Love our Miami Connection: Donovan and Connor! Those Eagles have beaten up on our boys in the first half. I thought Coach Cut was absolutely in the right for ripping into the officials.

Lets keep pressing and stay focused, and throw over the Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Anyone see the excessive celebration?
    None base on radio commentary.

He did what??

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    ...Our excessive celebration violation was based on the fact that Vernon crossed the end line...
    Would someone please explain this to me? (The TV crew was too busy showing everything except the touchdown! )

k

With the way we played the 1st half I'll take being down by 5 points at halftime. Now, we need to build on the momentum from that last drive. I'm both disappointed and impressed (is that possible?) by the offense. Conner, Donovan, and Sean are displaying some toughness, both physical and mental. If the running game can just be a little more effective in the 2nd half that'll help immensely. This game is our's if we really want it but we've got to grab this victory...play with the determination that demonstrates we want it more than the Eagles! It's not going to be easy but it's time for the offense to man up and carry their weight! Show some pride...a few of the guys showed some in the 1st half but that should be just the beginning. Take it to 'em in the 2nd half...this is your half! Let's go Duke! You can do it Devils!

What a concept! Throw the ball down the field to Vernon and we can get 6 points. Hope the coaching staff notices this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    What a concept! Throw the ball down the field to Vernon and we can get 6 points. Hope the coaching staff notices this trend.
    There's a possible record awaiting Conner if today's trend can continue throughout the season.

Penalties!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    Would someone please explain this to me? (The TV crew was too busy showing everything except the touchdown! )

k
    I was being sarcastic.

Are you kidding me? Helfet HAS to catch that ball!!! Jeez guys come on!!! Sean is having a great day throwing the ball, we're moving down for what looked to be a TD that would have given us the lead and then...bone-headed play #56 for the game. DOH!

Despite some disappointments and miscues (including that last play at the 5), the second half looks better offensively.... if Sean can get into a rhythm with the Killer V's, there will be better results than the two previous games.

Bad enough to drop pass, but to bump it to the defender??!?!

We sure are getting dinged up. I think Vernon aggravated the knee.

Incredibly frustrating. We're playing well on defense, finally go the offense going, and we're just making costly errors that are the difference in the game.

The blocked punt that set up BC's first touchdown.

The big plays for BC's second touchdown.

The interception in the red zone.

Probably the difference between being down 5 and being up 7 or 9.

Also currently the difference between being 0-2 and 1-1 coming into the game today. Hope it doesn't end up leaving us 0-3 rather than 1-2 at the end of the game. We absolutely have the ability to win this game.

Vernon now wearing braces on both knees.

Why did we go for the FG there? I would much rather have seen us go for it on 4th there. Also, I have two words for the coaching staff regarding the kicking game: OPEN TRYOUTS!

hopefully the last FG attempt

This is just incredibly discouraging, driving the entire length of the field on two consecutive drives and not being able to score. Cutcliffe needs to remedy this immediately. I don't care if we have to use bizarre trick plays or whatever. He needs to figure it out.

[Insert family unfriendly exclamation of frustration here]. And again. Two beautiful drives to start the second half, two great defensive series, and we end up with no points, still down by 5. I'm ill.

Seems like we're finding ways to try not to win

Two good drives down the field with the chance to take the lead in the second half, and we get a dropped pass for an INT and a missed FG. We've got to do a better job of converting red zone trips into points. It's sounding like a broken record. This is ridiculous.

Renfree and the passing game have looked good though otherwise.

Our defense is carrying us.

When's the last time you could say that about a Duke football game?

Renfree is absolutely balling today. He honestly looks like he could be the best qb in the ACC. Its a real shame we can't seem to turn his play into wins.