Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most suicide bombers are Muslim and Humans are naturally polygamous

Ten Politically Incorrect Truths About Human Nature:
    Why most suicide bombers are Muslim, beautiful people have more daughters, humans are naturally polygamous, sexual harassment isn't sexist, and blonds are more attractive.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...622-000002.xml

Some interesting angles in this article.

Very interesting article. My favorite two comments:

On why most suicide bombers are Muslim: The prospect [of exclusive access to virgins in heaven] is quite appealing to anyone who faces the bleak reality on earth of being a complete reproductive loser.

On the midlife crisis myth: Many middle-aged men do go through midlife crises, but it's not because they are middle-aged. It's because their wives are.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Very interesting article. My favorite two comments:

On why most suicide bombers are Muslim: The prospect [of exclusive access to virgins in heaven] is quite appealing to anyone who faces the bleak reality on earth of being a complete reproductive loser.

On the midlife crisis myth: Many middle-aged men do go through midlife crises, but it's not because they are middle-aged. It's because their wives are.
    This, honestly, from an interview with Snoop Dog on marriage:

From an interview with Snoop dogg..

What’s the secret to a good marriage?

I don’t know, man. It ain’t all good. The motherf*cker go up and down. We’re arguing right now. We’re gonna still be together; it’s like any other relationship. Motherf*cker gets on your nerves, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    This, honestly, from an interview with Snoop Dog on marriage:

From an interview with Snoop dogg..

What’s the secret to a good marriage?

I don’t know, man. It ain’t all good. The motherf*cker go up and down. We’re arguing right now. We’re gonna still be together; it’s like any other relationship. Motherf*cker gets on your nerves, though.
    Oh, and just to be clear - I do NOT echo the sentiments of Snoop Dogg. I mean, we all go through waves and such but, you know, I wouldn't put it quite like that, and I respect and love women tremendously.

-EarlJam, lover and respecter of women, the smarter sex

the source

This was mentioned in slashdot couple days ago. From what I understand the source (Psychology today) is more of a pop culture magazine, not a science magazine. That and the fact that the article doesn't have any references makes me skeptical of some of the things mentioned in the article

Skin, Hips, breasts

From what I have read Psychology Today has a lot of bad articles and I think this is no exception. I read an interesting article on what if anything is a universal standard of beauty. I doubt the "research" that blue eyes are. What this far better study concluded is good skin is viewed in every culture as a desirable feature but that was about it.

Also not sure about this talk about hips. It seems that big hips are out in America although small waists are in so this ratio that these psychologists talk about with small waist and large hips not sure that holds water.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Americans like large breasts but I would doubt that is universal in old pictures of figures of beauty the women do not have such large breasts.
    http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/aphrodite_4.jpg

Cool have 'ya heard the one...

about the catholic suicide bomber?

Me neither.

how about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    about the catholic suicide bomber?

Me neither.
    While they're not "suicide" bombers here's some terrorists who identify themselves as Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    While they're not "suicide" bombers here's some terrorists who identify themselves as Catholic.
    I'm not touching this one with a ten foot shepard's rod/staff.

-EarlJam

Talking you're right

I probably should have said Presbyterian bombers.

Isn't Fawkes the guy that British pagans burn in effigy every year at Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post

Also not sure about this talk about hips. It seems that big hips are out in America although small waists are in so this ratio that these psychologists talk about with small waist and large hips not sure that holds water.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG
    Man she is so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I probably should have said Presbyterian bombers.

Isn't Fawkes the guy that British pagans burn in effigy every year at Halloween?
    Sorry didn't mean to just kill the conversation... Guy Fawkes is the namesake of Guy Fawkes day on November 5th, where they burn an effigy (wiki says the Pope and GF). I was an RA on East a few years ago, and we noticed a small fire in the middle of the main quad. Now, this in itself is already bad enough, but to top it off, every single RA from the main quad saw this because we were having a monthly meeting in Wilson, about 30 yards or so away from said fire. We found out they were "celebrating" Guy Fawkes day by stuffing a sock with old newspaper and burning it outside (yes, on the grass). I think the guys were on probation or something for a semester after that.

Sorry didn't mean to just kill the conversation... Guy Fawkes is the namesake of Guy Fawkes day on November 5th, where they burn an effigy (wiki says the Pope and GF).
    It's not really so much an effigy, it's more a celebration that Fawkes didn't succeed in his plan to blow up Parliament. Personally, I think it's funny to celebrate the non-explosion with fireworks, but that's just me.

I was in Scotland (on the Duke in Scotland Pub Pol program) for GF night in 1996; it was pretty amusing that as the soundtrack to the fireworks, they played the Superman themesong, plus "Eye of the Tiger." Because, hey, what's more British than hollywood?!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post

...and blonds are more attractive.
    The most beautiful women are from the Philippines! Filipinas' clear brown skin and silky black hair put them over the top.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The most beautiful women are from the Philippines! Filipinas' clear brown skin and silky black hair put them over the top.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan
    Just weighing in here (perhaps this would make for an interesting poll for those that know how to do it). I'll take a tall, brunette American girl from the Southeast please, with a side of green eyes and a nice figure (not too thin, not to large) in a black and white sundress please.

Thanks,

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    Small hips and smaller waistlines are consistent. It's the ratio that is supposed to remain in the same high regard, not the absolute measurements.

Americans like large breasts but I would doubt that is universal in old pictures of figures of beauty the women do not have such large breasts.
    http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/aphrodite_4.jpg
    First, note the hip/waist ratio. I would hazard a guess that it's pretty close to what you'll see in Victoria's Secret or guy's magazines.

Second, I wouldn't use that statue to argue that the ancients favored smaller breasts.

Talking

Picky, Picky, Picky. Bring 'em all on!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Picky, Picky, Picky. Bring 'em all on!
    AGREED! As a matter of fact... here's another hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Second, I wouldn't use that statue to argue that the ancients favored smaller breasts.
    What is obvious is that the ancients weren't really "arm guys."

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    What is obvious is that the ancients weren't really "arm guys."
    LOL/snarf!

Definite OT-POTD!