Thread: Louie

Louie

Is anyone watching Louie? If tonight's episode doesn't win an emmy of some kind, it's a travesty. I am amazed on weekly basis how Louis CK is able to intertwine his surreal, obscene, scataological humor with real life problems of a single father that many can relate to. The Dane Cook episode was also one of the most unique things I've ever seen on TV. A *real* airing of grievances within the plot of a half hour comedy. I get that Louie is a little, I'll say "dirty", for some. But it's some of the best TV on right now.

Edited to add --- one of the earlier episodes this season where his five year daughter innocently says "I like staying at Mommy's better," clearly breaking Louie's heart, and Louie flips her off behind her back. It reads awful as I write it. But you have to watch it.... you really feel for him in that scene.

I hear you. He's brilliant.
    From the cringe-worthy moments to the gut laughs, the show is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Is anyone watching Louie? If tonight's episode doesn't win an emmy of some kind, it's a travesty. I am amazed on weekly basis how Louis CK is able to intertwine his surreal, obscene, scataological humor with real life problems of a single father that many can relate to. The Dane Cook episode was also one of the most unique things I've ever seen on TV. A *real* airing of grievances within the plot of a half hour comedy. I get that Louie is a little, I'll say "dirty", for some. But it's some of the best TV on right now.

Edited to add --- one of the earlier episodes this season where his five year daughter innocently says "I like staying at Mommy's better," clearly breaking Louie's heart, and Louie flips her off behind her back. It reads awful as I write it. But you have to watch it.... you really feel for him in that scene.
    I thought it was one of the best hours of television ever. Really, people must watch this episode.

Louie has become my favorite show. So many of the episodes are just brilliant.

One very minor nice touch tonight was at the very beginning when he got the dirty look from the woman whose child is in his daughter's class (from the Bummer/Blueberries episode).
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

It is for sure one of the few shows I set my DVR for. Always enjoyed Louie C.K. and even liked his show that came on HBO a few years back that only lasted one season. Another scene that was great from this season was when he and his kids are taking a road trip and he just keeps singing to I believe The Who song "Who Are You." Made me laugh cause it reminded me of something my dad would do when we took a road trip as a kid except he would be singing The Beatles.