Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok, I have set up the two pools. They are limited to 50 people in each. We generally seem to top out around 30 players so that should not be a big deal, though I would love to get more players this season!

Pool 1, which will require perfection to win (1 strike and you are out) is located here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/19319

ID #19319
    Password - Duke

Pool 2, which will allow you to make one mistake... but only one... is located here: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/19347

ID #19347
    Password - Duke

-Jason "join up, my friends... and prepare to be defeated!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm in! At least in the one-miss group, I can safely choose the Seattle Seahawks once.

(And BTTT)

All signed up - in both. At least I can last 2 weeks in one of them.

I'm in it....to win it.

Anyone still thinking of joining... you have about 24 hours left.

Hurry up!

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

My pick of the Browns, which I thought was genius, turned out to be a complete and utter failure... Great.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    My pick of the Browns, which I thought was genius, turned out to be a complete and utter failure... Great.
    I think we lost a fair number of people. There were several big upsets including the Browns and KC.

Plenty of folks are glad we have a 2-strike pool, I bet!

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think we lost a fair number of people. There were several big upsets including the Browns and KC. ...

-Jason
    At least the chefs made a good game of it, they only lost by 34, AT HOME. To the BILLS. No, I'm not bitter.

-Jason
    I rode the "Pick Whoever is Playing the Bills" train all the way to the Championship last year. That train ride was a lot shorter this year so yeah I am glad you decided to have a 2-strike pool because my participation in the 1-strike pool is over.
    Bob Green

Carolina almost beat Arizona too... if that would have happened, we'd have lost 80% of the group... bloody weekend even without that happening.

Picked the Jets in a what I thought should have been a blowout seeing that Romo was back. Thankfully the real Romo showed up just in time. Survive and advance.

Love the way my Brownies were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    My bid for a spot in ESPN's, "Man League" for next season also went down the drain. Oh well, I've now got two less things to worry about during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    At least the chefs made a good game of it, they only lost by 34, AT HOME. To the BILLS. No, I'm not bitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I rode the "Pick Whoever is Playing the Bills" train all the way to the Championship last year. That train ride was a lot shorter this year so yeah I am glad you decided to have a 2-strike pool because my participation in the 1-strike pool is over.
    The chefs may have ended up with a decent year last year - but they did not get me on board. I will probably stick with the anyone but the chefs route again this year.

Curiousity question - are/were people picking the same team in both versions or did you go with two different choices? Of course, I guess I could look and discover this. I went with the same pick in both versions.

I think we lost a fair number of people. There were several big upsets including the Browns and KC.

-Jason
    Yup. After finishing tied for first in my initial campaign two years ago, I reverted past the mean and went down in flames last year in week 1. Why? I picked the Chargers over the Chiefs.

So, I figured to make amends by going with a relatively safe best: the defending AFC West Champion Chiefs, against the horrible Bills.

Gack.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The chefs may have ended up with a decent year last year - but they did not get me on board. I will probably stick with the anyone but the chefs route again this year.

Curiousity question - are/were people picking the same team in both versions or did you go with two different choices? Of course, I guess I could look and discover this. I went with the same pick in both versions.
    I went with different picks just for the heck of it. Add me to the list of people who thought Cleveland would be a good pick, expecting Cincy to be terrible; picked them in the one mistake group. And until late, it looked like my one-and-done pick, Arizona, would be going down too.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Great question. I debated that very thing. At the end of the day, I decided the best strategy is to go with a different team in the two leagues. I don't want one game to end my season in both league's. I know we get a do over in the 2nd chance league, but if you get one strike in the 2nd chance league, you are right back in the situation of one game knocking you out of both.

I am sure arguments can be made for choosing one team in both, but I will ride my strategy to the end...

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Love the way my Brownies were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    My bid for a spot in ESPN's, "Man League" for next season also went down the drain. Oh well, I've now got two less things to worry about during the week.
    Sorry, it was my fault. When a Steelers fan chooses the Browns in a survivor pool and then has to root for them, the natural order of the world gets all higgledy-piggledy and chaos ensues... For example, no one would have been surprised had the Ravens beat the Steelers yesterday, but to lay such a smackdown like that, there must have been cosmic forces at work. How many times has a Super Bowl runner-up had a game the next season with a minus-7 (!) turnover differential? Put it next in line behind the earthquake in Virginia and the hurricane in Vermont. Ye gods...

Awww fudge... I forgot about this last week.

Can I join the double elimination pool and take week one as a loss?
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Awww fudge... I forgot about this last week.

Can I join the double elimination pool and take week one as a loss?
    Answer: No.

boooooooooo
    WWJDD?

First time playing. I see my picks from weeks 1 and 2 are grayed out. Am I to assume you can only pick a team once? That sure adds a nice little twist to things.