Eron Riley - former Duke WR - preseason TD catch!

Former Duke WR Eron Riley, undrafted free agent, currently with the Denver Broncos, had a spectacular back of the end zone catch from Brady Quinn in a preseason game vs the Cowboys tonight. He had another nice catch for a first down, I think on the same drive. He was on the Broncos practice squad last year. I like preseason football - there are always a handful of players who are a long shot to make the team who really stand out and I enjoy pulling for them. Riley was one of them tonight. Go Duke! Go Broncos!

I'd love to post a link but I can't find one yet. Will update if video available.

Quote Originally Posted by fc3 View Post
    Former Duke WR Eron Riley, undrafted free agent, currently with the Denver Broncos, had a spectacular back of the end zone catch from Brady Quinn in a preseason game vs the Cowboys tonight. He had another nice catch for a first down, I think on the same drive. He was on the Broncos practice squad last year. I like preseason football - there are always a handful of players who are a long shot to make the team who really stand out and I enjoy pulling for them. Riley was one of them tonight. Go Duke! Go Broncos!

I'd love to post a link but I can't find one yet. Will update if video available.
    Great for him. At the very least, he can say he caught a TD pass in an NFL preseason game. He was playing with the 3rd/4th team if he was out there with Quinn. But hopefully a catch like that can bump him up enough to sneak off the practice squad and into one of those last WR spots. Most teams only carry around 5-6 WR, and the competition for those last 1-2 spots is pretty fierce. Hopefully he's showing some acumen in the special teams game. That's usually how the 4th/5th/6th WR types make their spots on the team (usually kick coverage or returns).