Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Give me Boeheim over Pitino any day.

Can you imagine if K and Roy got into anything resembling this type of madness?
    Wait until Carolina and Texas become the 15th and 16th SEC schools and then...

...no, not even then would Coach K act like that.

Still, I have sympathy for both Boeheim and Pitino. Boeheim's school made it onto a raft with three fingernails, and Pitino's has not. It's a mess.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Terps moving to Big 10?

Maryland to B1G?

Okay, this is a message board news event so far...no link

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Maryland to B1G?

Okay, this is a message board news event so far...no link
    Obviously lacrosse-driven. What would you rather have as a conference schedule: Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan, or Duke, Carolina, Virginia, Syracuse, and Notre Dame?

Odd timing if MD was to be joining the B1G

What does either party gain? Even if the Big Ten was annoyed at Penn State's suspensions, it's still long term a more profitable school for the conference than MD (The rumor is PSU would be kicked out in favor of MD). Meanwhile, MD would have to fork over the 50M exit fee.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    What does either party gain? Even if the Big Ten was annoyed at Penn State's suspensions, it's still long term a more profitable school for the conference than MD (The rumor is PSU would be kicked out in favor of MD). Meanwhile, MD would have to fork over the 50M exit fee.
    Personally, I would much prefer PSU in the ACC to MD. PSU brings football legitimacy(granted, the same was said about Miami), a big-time athletic dept. and serious academic clout. Don't forget opening up the Philly market, too.

Also, in this scenario with PSU being kicked out of the B1G, they would be much more grateful to belong to the ACC than apparently MD is. Additionally, this could help encourage ND to become a full member as well.

I get tired of Maryland's "Rodney Dangerfield" impersonation year-after-year. If you don't like the ACC, take your ball and go home, please!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Personally, I would much prefer PSU in the ACC to MD. PSU brings football legitimacy(granted, the same was said about Miami), a big-time athletic dept. and serious academic clout. Don't forget opening up the Philly market, too.

Also, in this scenario with PSU being kicked out of the B1G, they would be much more grateful to belong to the ACC than apparently MD is. Additionally, this could help encourage ND to become a full member as well.

I get tired of Maryland's "Rodney Dangerfield" impersonation year-after-year. If you don't like the ACC, take your ball and go home, please!
    Difference is that unlike Miami, and more like OSU and Michigan, PSU fill up it stadium at football games. Even after the whole scandal they still do. That's a lot of revenue.

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post

from a revenue perspective, anyone would prefer PSU...but has there been any rumblings that PSU will be leaving the big10?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    from a revenue perspective, anyone would prefer PSU...but has there been any rumblings that PSU will be leaving the big10?
    The rumor stems from a PSU source - who apparently is sketchy in credibility - who indicates it'd involve the B11 dropping PSU for MD.

Carolina Delenda Est

The rumor stems from a PSU source - who apparently is sketchy in credibility - who indicates it'd involve the B11 dropping PSU for MD.
    oh thanks. was not aware.

i'm skeptical that the B10 really wants to see this for one of its members....
    April 1

Could this really happen??

I did a quick internet search and came across this link: http://www.testudotimes.com/2012/11/...-back-in-vogue, The links cites some tweets and a Baltimore radio station; but again acknowledges all rumors.

Nothing really insightful; and the person doesn't mention PSU being kicked out. IMO, it makes more sense to keep PSU and bring on MD and Rutgers to become a 14 team conference in order to match the ACC and SEC.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, the BIG taking Rutgers makes a lot of sense; and personally I think taking UConn would be easier than taking MD with the 50 million exit fee although getting MD would give the BIG access to the mid-Atlantic region and the Washington DC metro area to go along with the NYC market. And I worry that by the time ND becomes a full member in football in the ACC (if they ever do), the ACC could miss out schools like Rutgers or UConn as the 16th member (although I would take PSU or UConn in a heartbeat if MD left the ACC and one of those schools were available).

I know there are many who do not care if MD leaves; but I hope this rumor is not true. I want to keep MD in the ACC from a historical perspective; and while MD isn't our main rival, I wished we still had them as a primary partner instead of Wake Forest. if MD left the ACC, it would be for the money. That said, f wonder if the league choosing to partner Duke with Wake Forest and not MD was the final straw for MD in wanting to get out of the ACC (if they chose to leave).

Maryland talking to Big 10?

Are they serious?
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Maryland to the Big Ten?

Just reported on ESPN- Terps in "serious" discussion to join Big 10.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ce-sources-say

Will put a whole new spin on "not our rivals..."

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    Are they serious?
    If they are, GOOD RIDDANCE.

ESPN Reporting...

MD is in "serious negotiations" to join the B1G, along with Rutgers:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ce-sources-say

I'd hate to see any of the original ACC teams leave.

But I'd miss Maryland the least...

Maryland to BIG10?

I just saw on the espn halftime show that Maryland may announce as soon as Monday that they are heading to the BIG 10. If this happens they expect Rutgers to follow Maryland to the BIG 10. They believe UConn will replace Maryland in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    If they are, GOOD RIDDANCE.
    Except speculation that ACC picks up UConn.

Like swapping a wart for a pus-filled pimple.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Now that UConn's BBall program is in shreds, I can't see the value of adding UCONN. I guess it's about the NY market(although I thought Syracuse, Duke, and ND handled that already).

I would much rather hold my nose and take Louisville or WVU(if we could steal them from B12) over UCONN.

Yes, but...

I would expect that at least the UConn fans would be better behaved. The former UConn men's basketball coach, not so much.

Hmmm...mouth watering.