Personally, as much as I actually respect Leonard Hamilton and what he's doing, if FSU and some other football school bail on the ACC and get replaced by two basketball schools, I'm going to be nothing but happy. Their commitment to the conference has always been suspect, and I have absolutely no problem with being viewed purely as the premier basketball conference -- even if it does end up costing a few million in revenue per year. (While more money would be nice for the schools, for the life of me I just cannot figure out what tangible effect it would have on me as a fan.)

Sign me up for Georgetown or Rutgers or Louisville or St. John's or hey, even UCONN (although their future is in doubt). Just give me more basketball. Good, competitive basketball. That's why I watch the ACC. Above all, don't throw that away forn the sake of a football conference that will never be anything beyond mediocre (in both revenue and competition).

Besides, I suspect that a slightly less profitable, basketball-centric conference would actually end up being more stable, as people would be less interested in poaching our teams once FSU is no longer seeding instability.