Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
So one of three things are going to happen:

1. The SEC will imminently invite a 14th (and perhaps 15th and 16th) team, going against everything they've said all along --- we don't ask people out, they ask us out.

2. The SEC will play with a 13 team league next year -- which means no divisions because I believe it's IMPOSSIBLE to have one 6 team and one 7 team division, and have everyone play the same number of games with no one playing each other twice.

3. The SEC will let A&M twist in the wind until next summer when this stuff should really be going down.

I have a very strong suspicion that it will be #3.
So, to sum up:

1) Everyone in the Big XII knows that Texas A&M wants to be in the SEC, but is still waiting for an invitation;

2) Everyone in the Big XII knows that Missouri would rather be in the Big Ten, but did not receive an invitation;

3) Everyone in the Big XII knows that Texas is prepared to drop any or all of the other teams in the league to take the best deal available at that particular moment; and

4) Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor and Texas Tech know that the whole situation could blow up without warning and leave them out in the cold.

I kind of want to go to next year's Big XII Tournament.