Forgive me for my bluntness but all this conference talk is a bunch of @#$%. Conferences should include schools with like philosophies, schools that are close geographically, similar academics and sports. Especially in this day and time when money is so hard to come by. Instead we're trying to push for 4 mega conferences of 16 spread out all over the country and as much alike as apples and oranges, sure they're both fruit but they taste completely different.

I don't know all the ins and outs, don't even know how many schools there are total this year or how many conferences there are, but things would be alot better if conferences were limited to 8 teams. I know you have to have 12 for a championship, so change the rules for God's sake. The NCAA seems to be slitting their own throats here. If NASCAR can see the benefits of limiting teams, testing, etc. to help out the economic situation...what does it say for the NCAA that they can't figure this out.

Again I say this is all ridiculous. Rush to 16, split into divisions, and everyone is back where they started. Just freaking stupid. It's not wonder we can't fix this country, we can't even fix our college sports!