Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Conference Realignment Vigil- Update: Terps to Big10?

Texas A&M is so upset about the "unfair" Longhorn Network that they are in talks to go to the SEC as soon as next year (supposedly). Aggies will tell you that the SEC is fine going to 13 teams. I'll believe that when I see it, but I do believe these talks are much more real than they were a year ago -- so the question begs, who would the 14th team be, and could it impact the ACC?

Aggie Rick "good hair" Perry even weighed in yesterday. In my biassed opinion, it's a colossally stupid by A&M, done more out of spite than an actual benefit to their program and their university, both financially and with respect to success on the football field, basketball court and non-revenue sports. But hey, if the offers there, take it, and let the sketchy recruiting of the SEC West further infect Texas high school football. Additionally,

But --- if A&M is successful in leaving, the Big XII becomes less lucrative for Texas to stay in and we could be looking at everything unwinding much sooner than the projected 2015 date.

If you enjoy game theorizing this stuff and speculation, join in. If you think this rampant speculation is stupid and a waste of time, I hear you through your silence. No need to respond to the post.

(Also I love the irony that the provisions that A&M is upset with in the LHN contract are very similar to provisions in the contract that Florida has with Sun Sports.)
    Last edited by Newton_14; 11-17-2012 at 07:43 PM.