Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
The crisis escalates! The Big 12 is now resorting to hostage taking and un-American behavior. So says A&M President R. Bowen Loften:
I'm not sure it's un-American, but I'm pretty sure it's un-Confederate. Can't blame a guy for getting confused though, Texas was a part of the Confederacy.

On a different note I have to agree with sagegrouse. I think there is alot of sabre rattling going on, but the ACC is alot more stable than the rest of the world would like to admit. We may ultimately add some in the end, but I don't see anyone getting taken from us. I was thinking the other day how nice it would be if the 4 Carolina schools stuck together and said we're not going anywhere without the others...then I thought, how nice it would be for an entire conference to say that...what a novel idea huh. Well, I'm not sure about the rest of the conferences, some of them seem pretty stable, but I think that is what we have in the ACC. If one were to leave I think they would leave behind a pretty coveted and easily fillable spot.