New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Tailgate painting. Let's get this season started!!

TailgateSmilesMed.jpg

Latest painting, getting in the mood for some tailgating and football! (That's Conner Vernon's mom, Thania, on the left, next to Mrs. DevilDeac, Joy Deac, followed by CathyCA and one of my grilling partners in crime.)

Tomorrow will be exactly one month to go..woohoo!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Very, very nice! Keep 'em coming, and let's get cranked!!

Devil's Walk

Coach Cutcliffe just coming into the frame, leading the Devil's Walk, is a nice touch! Keep up the great work.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Coach Cutcliffe just coming into the frame, leading the Devil's Walk, is a nice touch! Keep up the great work.
    Just let me know when the print is available!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Just let me know when the print is available!
    Ha! I'm sure I'll have some at one of the tailgates. Even better yet, show up and join us for a tailgate and you might wind up in a painting. Never know... These are all for a Duke centered tailgate cookbook I'm working on with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Awesome. Is that my brother, Darrell, from the Omegas tent? If it is, he sure spells his name funny.

CB&B, all of your paintings are superb! Thanks for sharing them with all of us. Will you be bringing the paintings to any of the tailgates this season? You are such a gifted and talented artist! I love the Blue Devil Walk, where you can see Coach Cut in the corner! Awesome!

Just days away from the first game!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    CB&B, all of your paintings are superb! Thanks for sharing them with all of us. Will you be bringing the paintings to any of the tailgates this season? You are such a gifted and talented artist! I love the Blue Devil Walk, where you can see Coach Cut in the corner! Awesome!

Just days away from the first game!
    Of course they will all be there, they add to our tailgate atmosphere. These are being done as illustrations for a Duke tailgating cookbook I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Awesome. Is that my brother, Darrell, from the Omegas tent? If it is, he sure spells his name funny.
    I think it would be great to have a picture of Ozzie, devildeac, and Darrell together. CB&B, didn't you take one last year? I seem to remember seeing one somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I think it would be great to have a picture of Ozzie, devildeac, and Darrell together. CB&B, didn't you take one last year? I seem to remember seeing one somewhere.
    You mean this one? Larry, Daryl and Darrell.jpg

"Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl and my other brother Darrell."
    That's going right to left.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    LarryDarrellAndDaryl.jpg

From right to left...Larry, his brother Daryl, and his other brother Darrell.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You mean this one? Larry, Daryl and Darrell.jpg

"Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl and my other brother Darrell."
    That's going right to left.
    That the one! Thanks Ozzie (and CB&B)!

This is the face of the cool, laid-back Darrell that I remember from the chem dept. He had a pretty serious game face back in the day, though. Downright mean-looking. My fellow chemists and I used to tease him about the game day personality inversion.

FootballFanMed.jpg

Last painting before the season starts. I'm ready for some football!!!!

I haven't forgotten about the paintings, or their purpose. (I forgot about this thread, though.)

Last year I took my paintings out to only one tailgate; it gets a bit much with actually cooking and everything else we do to set up a gallery, but thanks to dpslaw and some shared field passes I am able to once again adorn our tent with something that will be a bit more durable and just as striking. This is a result from a few photos I took pregame at Elon. Hopefully, I will have another before Kansas, so our gallery will be once again in effect.

Caught!.jpg

Caught!
    16 x 40 inches, acrylic on canvas

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I haven't forgotten about the paintings, or their purpose. (I forgot about this thread, though.)

Last year I took my paintings out to only one tailgate; it gets a bit much with actually cooking and everything else we do to set up a gallery, but thanks to dpslaw and some shared field passes I am able to once again adorn our tent with something that will be a bit more durable and just as striking. This is a result from a few photos I took pregame at Elon. Hopefully, I will have another before Kansas, so our gallery will be once again in effect.

Caught!.jpg

Caught!
    16 x 40 inches, acrylic on canvas
    Another stunning painting by CB&B! You are a very talented artist! I will look for your paintings when passing by the tailgate tent.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    Another stunning painting by CB&B! You are a very talented artist! I will look for your paintings when passing by the tailgate tent.
    Thanks. Will have two up on Saturday.

ReadyToRun.jpg

Ready To Run
    16 x 40 inches, acrylic